Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,317 members

There is hope of a relationship after an ostomy

Posted by LovingLife2, on Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:15 pm
A year and a half ago I had an Ileostomy done and became a widow at about the same time and never thought that I'd meet a man willing to be with a ostomate. Boy was I wrong !

I met the greatest man a month and a half ago, while I was fishing, thats fishing for fish , hehe not a man. we spent the day fishing side by side, he was a widower, and we became friends,
I think I met my soul mate... Iam 62 and this man makes me feel so loved and  like a kid again...meeting the right person is just so wonderful...

I wanted to share this with the group, to give others hope...
Never give up, you just never know were you'll meet the best
partner of your life.

Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:55 pm
nice story...................... Mat 4:19 And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:47 am
Hi lovinglife Smile  Your words are quite inspiring and I am so very happy for you! Smile
Reply by facingmyfears, on Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:19 am
Hi LovingLife2!!!!  Another love story!   You go, girl!!!! Now, the big question, did you catch any fish???? And tell the truth, no 'fish' stories!  tee hee heeee.

Thanks for sharing your blessing; you deserve nothing but love and kindness.  (ah man, hope you caught some decent fish in the process!)

Sharon
Reply by cagabolsa, on Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:59 pm
Its never too late for a new love in your life.  And the older you get, the deeper you may love someone.

When we are young, we tend to look too much at the outside and fall for the wrong person. What happened to you while fishing, happened to my greatest love and me, but over the phone.
I could never have met her while fishing because 1. I dont like fishing and 2. there is an ocean between us.  

I am very happy for you, and please enjoy every single butterfly that tickles your belly and your heart when you think of and hold the one you love.

Love is in the air, lets all fall in love again

GOOD LUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply by Faith4Today, on Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:30 pm
Fishing? I think you are on to something...I heading for Lake Hemet..Think I'll catch a fish?
Reply by eddie, on Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:17 am
Hey there, I too am a widow for as long as I have had my ileo,  I still feel as if most men would be way turned off by our baggage ha! so glad it worked out for you you are very brave as for me I haven't stopped thinking of my deceased husband as the only man for me so until  and if that changes I won't know. You go girl!!!
eddie
Reply by erika, on Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:58 am
good 4 u.  ive not even had 1 date since my colostomy five yearsago now just about given up.nice to hear your story  tho, gives me a little hope even tho i dont like fishing  my greatest passions are my family and then music if anyones out there lol
Reply by Mike, on Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:37 pm

cagabolsa wrote:
Its never too late for a new love in your life.  And the older you get, the deeper you may love someone.

When we are young, we tend to look too much at the outside and fall for the wrong person. What happened to you while fishing, happened to my greatest love and me, but over the phone.
I could never have met her while fishing because 1. I dont like fishing and 2. there is an ocean between us.  

I am very happy for you, and please enjoy every single butterfly that tickles your belly and your heart when you think of and hold the one you love.

Love is in the air, lets all fall in love again

GOOD LUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If Love is in the air I hope some comes my way
Reply by TexasGirl, on Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:12 am
Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!    I am a romantic at heart and just love to hear stories like yours.  I do wish the two of you much joy and happiness.  Enjoy being in love!
Reply by corncob, on Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:12 am
I so dreaded telling my boyfriend (at the time) about my ostomy. It was so beyond the fear of rejection because he would be turned off physically. I was so in love (not puppy love) as we were both 35 @ the time. We had been friends for years. Anyway when i finally got up the courage, he looked  at me lovingly and said to me I 've loved you since the minute i met you and i love you even more now" Wow , it felt too good to be true. We've been together ten years now and have a beautiful little girl! Yes it is possible to find the love of your life with an ostomy! If people are truly in love , an ostomy is not a hindrance .
Reply by tarababy, on Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:10 am
AWEEEE, now that is such a sweet romantic story Lovinglife2......and I think finding your soul mate is possible for all of us....and to find him while fishing,is the icing on the cake....at least you know you both love doing the same things...MMM!!! Fishing,love it...Here's a toast to you and your true love...may your years together be the best they can be..well done girl...Tara..
Reply by LovingLife2, on Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:02 am
well it was fun while it lasted, just found out some things about this guy and ended it.
Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:08 pm
sheese.....what things??? that he had unpaid parking tickets???? surely you will not leave us readers hanging like this....enquiring minds want to know.........
Reply by tarababy, on Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:05 pm
Awe no!!! how sad! and like MMSH says, if you feel like sharing....it might help the healing too..was he a bit of a cad? Another family somewhere...Three legs? but hang on,was it actually a leg? lol..sorry....trying to make you smile when you probably least feel like it...Did that make any sense to you then?Better go,I'm confusing myself now...But have faith...all good things come to those who wait...My heart goes out to you...Tara
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.