Discharge from the "other end

Replies
Views
cameraqueen2010
So, about once a month for two years-ish, I have been getting really painful discharge and solid lumps out of my bottom, which hasn't been in use for nearly 5 years. The doctor told me to do arachnis oil enemas and gel suppositories every other day, but as my bed is in the living room, this is not practical. The pain is so intense and makes me want to cry. Afterwards, I am totally exhausted. Sometimes I cannot get it out, and if I just relax, the pain goes, but I know there's something there. I don't want to go into a lot of detail, I just wanted to know if anyone has the same experience and how they manage. I asked about having my lower bowel removed, but I was told this would severely impact my chances of having a child. This is not an option as I have wanted children for as long as I can remember. It could be years and years until I have a child, and it is so, so, so painful and inconvenient. Any alternative or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
DianeRaven

I have had my colostomy for 7 years, due to radiation for anal cancer. I have fistulas, fissures, scarring, and breakage in the anal/vaginal wall. I experience very painful lightly tinged anal/vaginal pus-like discharge. I attribute this to my rectum being as tight as a refrigerator door from nonuse! It seems more prevalent after irrigating or backup of my output. I lay down on my left side or sit on the toilet or walk around, depending on the amount of pain I am in. Hope this helps.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,314 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bill
Hello cameraqueen2010.

I believe this problem has come up before on this site so if youtrawl through old blogs and forums you may well find what others have had to say. Personally I irrigate the anus using two self-modified anal irrigating catheters attached to a shower unit. This has worked well for me in the past for getting rid of painful compacted mucus. However, it does nothing for my prolapsed anal stump which is also chronically painful. They gave me a choice of removal of the anus which, apparently involves major surgery or putting up with the pain. I chose the latter for now.

Best wishes

Bill