Concerns about post-op lump near colostomy

Replies
Views
shrek74
Hi, I am worried. It's 2 weeks post-op and I have a big hard lump to the left of my colostomy. Is that normal? Did anyone else get about 50 staples down there, front through their belly button, and beyond?
itchy22

Yup. Check my blog BATTLE OF THE BULGE. This is a common occurrence and can be dealt with, with further surgery. As a matter of fact, I am due for the Mesh surgery soon to get rid of my lump.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,462 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

shrek74

Oh, that isn't good. Then, I see the stoma nurse. We'd great more surgery. Thanks! How do I check out your blog?

hometown

47 staples for me straight down lol. I also have a lump, and it is a hernia, which I am just leaving alone for now as I don't want more surgery. Hometown Joyce

shrek74

Hi, my stoma nurse said it's too early for me to have a hernia, but I see the doctor today. I will see what he says. I had my staples out yesterday and my stitches in my stoma out too. Both ouch! She had problems getting the 9 staples in my belly button. Why can't they go around it?

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Snookis Mum

How on earth did they get 9 staples in your belly button?? I hope everything works out well for you, Shrek - I also had a lump, and it turned out to be nothing - just post-op swelling. But do ask your surgeon. Sandi

shrek74

My stoma nurse had a right game getting them out. The doctor said it is a hernia. I got an appointment at a different hospital with the same surgeon. What happens next? Three on each side and three in the middle. - Neil

Sophie96

They went around my belly button to start with, but three more operations later, I now have no belly button! It's gone completely lol x