Growing Stoma

Replies
Views
itchy22
When I first actually saw my stoma bare with no bag attached, it was quite tiny. After about six months, I had to cut the flange past the guiding lines. This thing had grown to the size of a tennis ball. That's not supposed to happen. Thank goodness I got the reversal, but I suggest anyone noticing this happening to you see your doctor RFN (right now).
lorraine-cooper1960

Bang on there, it's often the first sign of a hernia or complication. God bless.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,320 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Crohnsguy84

Anything like that is a major concern, but my stoma doubled in size and now has a fat width. I think it's from weight gain, and I'm not so concerned.

lorraine-cooper1960

I wish you well and you are welcome to talk with me in notifications. Good health and God bless, Lorraine.