Pros and Cons of Rectal Stump Removal

Replies
Views
SeanMc

What do you guys mean by butt burn?

Juuust_James

If you have a severe case of IBD or have been reconnected but now have a "short-bowel", your output is very loose and acidic because of the absorption loss. So, when you're going to the bathroom countless times a day, your sphincter can and will get very sore from the acidic output and frequent bathroom trips.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,424 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

SeanMc

First time I've heard of that. Thanks for the info.

ZaliBee

I've had a complete done. Colon, anus, rectum- removed. I still get "phantom" BM's where I'll have the feeling like I desperately have to go. My doc told me that it's just phantom like when someone who's had an arm removed will swear that their wrist itches.

Recommendation was to sit on the toilet and push. I thought it was silly but I started doing just that when I felt the urge and it passes quickly. If I ignore it, I'll have the urge for hours, which will drive a person nuts after awhile (laughs)

Sit and grunt, you'll feel better....

mooza

Yes, I also had this done due to Crohn's. My so-called butt closed and leaked water for 6-7 months. I wish I never had it done or I had it done 5 operations ago. :(

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
mooza

Wow, I haven't been on here for awhile. Good luck everyone.

friend to all

I do hope you all get the help you need.

It's a shame hospitals don't give stoma patients a contact number for questions they need to ask.

Whoever set this forum up, a huge thank you. It's so valuable to have someone/somewhere to turn to! 👏