Grief Therapy

Replies
Views
christiesdad
I went to a Hope Hospice meeting the other day. They have a get together every so often to see how survivors are coping and try to help in any way they can, God bless 'em.
Anyway their suggestion was to write a letter to your spouse, who had passed away. Saying it would bring a closeness. I thought, how macabre, but then one night I decided to do it. There was nothing on t.v. and I was in a melancholy mood. So I began a letter on my p.c. to my beloved Jane. I wrote, just as I would if I were away on a trip. I told her of the things that I encountered, the people I met, how she would have liked something I did or not. I began to notice that I DID feel better, talking to her as if I were going to see her again, almost anticipating her coming home. I told her about every day events about the people we knew, the things that happened in the neighborhood the local news. I will never finish the letter, there is no point, but anytime I feel it, I will sit down and add some more to it I don't know how long my letter will eventually be, pages and pages. It makes me feel good.

For you who have lost a loved one, especially a spouse, try it. You don't have to be like me and broadcast it all over, just keep it to yourself. It works.

Jack
Bill
Hello christiesdad. That sounds like a great idea and it gives you a record of all the things you have shared with her.  Many people (including me!) simply talk to the people they have lost and that also brings some comfort. However, there are so many people in society that feel that talking to dead people is bordering on insanity that this sort of activity is probably best done in the privacy of your own home rather than where it can be witnessed by others.

Best wishes  Bill.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,356 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.