Chat

Replies
Views
dragon2
Just wanted to catch up, talk to someone else with the same thing
Bill
Hello dragon2. Welcome aboard! This is certainly the place to come to find people with the 'same-thing'. (That is if you are talking just about ostomies) There seems to be a little bit of wanting to be 'normal' in all of us, but you don't have to look into it very far to see that 'normal' is a very flexible sort of concept. For instance, on this site it is 'normal' to have an ostomy of one sort or another. Outside of this community it might not be considered that way. Everybody has something about them that many other people do not have. This is often valued as part of being a unique individual.  It gives the person slightly different experiences of the world and they therefore grow up with different personalities, strengths and weaknesses.  There is a theory that the definition of 'intelligence' is the ability to maximise your potential in whatever surroundings and circumstances you find yourself in.  If you read some of the posts here you may find answers to questions but you will also be given an insight into how people have managed this condition and simply got on with what could loosely be called their 'normal' lives.  Life is a journey and, with the right approach and attitude, you can enjoy it as you travel every day. If you don't dwell on the bad stuff and make the most of what's good then your journey will be a much more pleasant one.

Best wishes Bill
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,366 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Mrs.A
I am having problems with the chat box. It doesn't appear even when in full screen. I'm there now but can not type!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARRRGH!!!
Bill
Hello Mrs A.  I went on the generl chat box the other day and couldn't type either. I don't often find anyone on there but that day calypso was online.  By the time I figured out what I was doing wrong she was long gone. I had been trying to type in the first available box. (which seemed the obvious one to type into) When I tried the second box down it worked fine, but too late, I was talking to myself.  That's what comes of inexperience!

Best wishes Bill
Mrs.A
Hi Bill,
I am sorry some of us are having such issues in chat. When I first joined I practically lived in the chat room. It is a great place to get to know the others on this site. Maybe someday the owner of the site will do something to make improvements to it.

Hope we both and others have better luck!

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister