Dating

Replies
Views
Single parent 27 years old had my ostomy since may think I need to start dating!
beyondpar
get out there and start, and let the world see how beautiful you are, you are ready, good luck.. MIchael
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,370 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Thanks Michael I'll try finger crossed ha
Sophia
Don't give up on dating, I met my husband here 5 ago! He has a colostomy too. I have dated non-ostomates and having a bag wasn't a problem, just normal stuff. Maggie
Past Member
You look dateable to me...

Seriously, just be yourself and personally I would be upfront as possible about the ostomy just as you would be with being a single parent. That filters out the losers right away without any hurt feelings.

Good luck to you

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Thanks mtnbiker72. Still no dates had plenty of offers but I just say no think I need to date somebody in the same situation as me!
Sophia Ive told my male friends about my bag and they said it would bother them but I just think I need to date someone the same as me first!
ment to write wouldn't bother them
Juuust_James
"any Man or woman that would view one of us as a lesser person because of our Ostomy is obviously VERY shallow and obviously not good enough for us anyway"

Ive been In 4 relationships in the 18 yrs since my surgery and I ended things each time, none of the Ladies had a problem what so ever with my bag. most of the time we are the with the problem of feeling different. I'll be the first to admit I've struggled with self esteem issues, but each time once i saw my partner didnt have an issues with it -then my issues went away.
Past Member
Hi jim, I hope you are doing great! You look great! I had a total colectomy 10 years ago that changed my life.For the last 10 years its been hard having to always make sure that a bathroom is always near by. I have kept busy raising my 15 year old daughter. The total colectomy has always been a huge issue with being able to do everything I have always wanted to do with her.She will be finished school in 2 years. My doctor has told me for many year that I needed an illeostomy. I am planning on doing that this summer. I put it off because of self esteem issues and worrying about the bag and how it would make me feel and how any body else could deal with my bag. I am hoping to start my life over once my daughter graduates, My chance is only the illeosotomy. I need to get out of a bad marriage. I am hoping I will be able to work and live a life after surgery. it would be great to find someone with an illeostomy just like I would have, just seeing how great you look and fit you look is an encouragement to me because I want to be able tomcontinue my excercise routine after surgery. I hope you have a Blessed night!
Crohnsguy84
Since you mention wanting to date someone in your situation, there is a site called ostodate.com I signed up a few days ago but I'm not paying.
vulcanBMk2
So I said to this girl " Hey how about a date " she said " Sure , battle of Trafalgar 1805 !! "
nighthawksecurities
dont worry hun there are plenty of people in our situation that deal with this everyday if i was closer id definately like to get to know you but would def like to sit as a penpal and possibly be friends
nighthawksecurities
hey hun dont get down on urself ive had mine for only a month and i am totally fine with it now and always tell people if they cant handle me with it they cant deal with me without it and there are no limitations to what u can do
hi nighthawkssecurities, my life has changed for the better since having my op . Can have reversal next year! I've got a little boy and now . Can finally take him out everyday swimming etc, I went to my friends christening 3 week's after my op then a nights out oh and even went to a festival aswel this year. The only thing I'm unsure of is dating as I've had offers but just can't make myself say yes! Am I weird? Hahaha
Juuust_James
took me 8 yrs to get the confidence to start dating again LOL I played in a Band at the time of my Surgeries -and after one of them was doing a gig ONE WEEK after getting out of the hospit! just couldn't lift any of my equipment

Been seeing someone since I last wrote on here he had no problem with my bag, oh and the sex was good too haha we're friends with benefits now lol

kokomo

wow these are old posts.