Ed Returns, Well Sort Of

Replies
Views
gutenberg
I'd like to thank all those who were asking about my health lately, its been quite a roller coaster ride, on Friday I had to drink 32 oz of water before having a Ultra Sound and then they wanted me to pass it, just like that, if I could I wouldn't have needed the ultra sound in the first place, so all day Friday I spent the day getting rid of all that water, come Saturday I'm drinking liquid trying to make sure I didn't become dehydrated but passing nothing and by sunday I was a mess, my head was spinning and I was emptying my pouch every couple of hours and not eating so it seems all the liquid I was drinking was going to the wrong place and by sunday I had to go to the ER and after four hours I was threatening to leave when one of the nurses realized I was in no shape to even do that so they took me in and out comes the catheter with very little to show for it and now they decided I was dehydrated. After a regimen of whatever and antibiotics they kept me in until today, Friday. At least they don't believe I had a fistula which was a big relief, as long as they are right, and after all the Xrays and CT scan I'm hoping they're right. To make a long story short, I was sent home with a catheter and next week my family doc will remove it in his office and maybe by that time I'll feel a bit more human. I thank each and everyone who asked about my health and wish you all the very best, Ed
Primeboy
I left the ER twice a few years back. Ed, with an extra bag. Apparently my prostate wanted some of the attention my colon was getting. Anyway, I told the doctor that the last time I carried 2 bags was when I caddied in the 1957 US Amateur in Brookline, Massachusetts. So, be patient with your situation and things will fall in place. Pretty soon they will figure things out and you will straighten up and piss right. They know what they're doing. And be sure to use Lidocain around the point of entry which can become inflamed with the traffic and pressure. Take care of yourself and stay in touch.
PB
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,356 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bill
Hello Ed. Thanks for letting us know about your situation and I hope all is well from now on. It's difficult to know at what point to start asking where people are on this site as many will just be taking a break whereas others might be going through bad times and maybe needing or appreciating our support. As I am not a fully paid up member I don't have the facility to mail people directly to make enquiries.  I had wondered if Ambies was okay as she doesn't seem to have corresponded for a while.

Best wishes

Bill
gutenberg
Just to let you know I figured out why they call it a CAT scan, the two glasses of some kind of mixture before the scan had to come from a cat and I'm sure that cat had diabetes, even brushing my teeth twice couldn't take away the taste left in my mouth and breakfast was a lost cause, Ed
Calico
Hi Ed,

You've been in my thoughts and prayers, I'm glad they are figuring out what is wrong with you before it get's too bad. I just spent a week in the cardiac ICU from hypovolemic shock, it started with adrenal deficiency, basically severe dehydration, I was emptying my bag up to 25x's a day, nothing but "water" output, couldn't pee, in the hospital my kidney and liver started to shut down, heart rate went from 160's down to the 20's, I got to experience the "Paddles" Central line torture, an IV line with fluids in each arm, etc. They had to start me on 2 shots a day of Octreotide to slow down my output.

I'm such a big baby I wont go to the ER till I'm forced, or half dead. I'm glad you knew yours was bad enuf to get in quick enuf. I've also had the "other bag" that's NO FUN, Infact I went home from most of my surgeries with one, nothing but uncomfortableness, can't sleep, and infections. Take it out too soon and you end up right back in the ER getting another, leave it in too long, more of the above.

I hope this is all the treatment you need for now. (for this) Take care, you'll continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

Nora "Calico"

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
gutenberg
Hi Nora, I know the troubles you've had and I'd have to say I'm very lucky, so far, after I get this episode cleared up then we have to take care of the biggie, but that's not something I'll worry about until the time comes. We wish you all the best Nora, so take care, Ed
iMacG5
Welcome back Ed.  Seems like things are going in the right direction and I hope it's fast.  I don't want to butt in but my urologist told me to use Neosporin or Bacitracin where the tube enters.

Get real well quickly.

Mike
scotiaman
HI Ed...didn't realize you were under the weather as they say in these parts... good luck to you... and thanks fort sharing...you have a great attitude and sense of humor which seems to be the key to getting through this crappy plumbing situation many of us experience...Scotiaman
gutenberg
Hi scotiaman, like our weather I think if I wait a few minutes something will change, and this time of year doesn't bode well for the future, but we try to think positively, Ed
pussycat
Hi Ed,

It's ages since we've had contact and I hate the thought of you being {English phrase)
pissed about. Catheters are never fun and there aren't many jokes to be made about them. You've been a brilliant source of comfort and inspiration to so many people over the years, maybe some of them can come up with some humour to see you through, if not possible, how about a huge hug and lots of best wishes from me?

Best wishes and lots of love,

marilyn xxx
gutenberg
Actually Marilyn I just thought of something about a catheter that was kind of funny, many years ago I had a blockage of some kind and my doctor was at the hospital at the time and when a nurse brought him a catheter he said it was the wrong one and she brought another one, minus the clip on the end and when he inserted it there was piss flying out the screen window and landing on the hood of a car, he had to move pretty fast to stop the flow but somebody's car was really pissed on, funny after all these years the things we remember and today they seem funny, but at the time I wasn't laughing, love and best wishes, Ed
christiesdad
Ed,
My old friend, I too send my belated well wishes. God knows you have had more than you share of bad breaks. Get and stay well old friend.
Talking about going to the hospital......I was talking to my doctor the other day and he said to me that he would never go into a hospital again. I kinda gave him a funny look, and he said, "look at you Jack, what happened to you?". He was referring to the time when I was admitted for congestive heart failure, they injected me with Lovenox, pierced my colon and did a colostomy. I agreed with him. Been there my last time, unless...................?

Jack