How a Blue Heron Scared the S#$% Out of Me

In this discussion
Replies
Views
gutenberg
When I was working I would take my coffee, jump in the car and head down to the Harbour, A wildlife designated place. You never know what you'll see. One day I lust coasted the car up to a big culvert and was looking out the left window at a pond that fills up on high tide, a few Mallards, but when I looked out the right window, which was down all the way I looked into this ugly head with orange and black eyes. Scared the hell out of both of us and the squawk that came out of him/her forced me to step on the gas in short order. After twenty feet I stopped and went back to see how come the bird let me get that close. It was a Great Blue Heron, the tide was going out so all he had to do was watch the fish come out, open hi mouth and dinner was served so he was
Paying more attention to the fish and didn't hear me roll up beside. Still don't know who got the biggest scare, it or me.
BUT THOSE EYES AND SQUAWK, sure I laugh now
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,108 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

miyzy

Sir, you have missed your calling. You're hilarious! You should be a comedian.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
gutenberg
I thank you for those kind words. It comes from a lifetime of being a smart ass. Ed