Has anyone tried Colo-Majic Flushable Liners with Hollister 2-piece system?

Replies
Views
klark

I just ordered a new shower guard from C M Ostomy Supplies. I saw they were advertising these flushable liners that fit inside your pouch that you flush when they're soiled or full. I sent them an email to see if they're compatible with the Hollister 2-piece system that I use. I'll probably hear back in a day or two. I thought they may be worth a try.

Has anyone on here used these or even heard of them? Let me know, please!!

Sincerely... Kevin from NJ

Pinky

Yes, I used these years ago - I read recently in the Phoenix Magazine that the liners now are biodegradable. Anyway, I loved them when I used them with Convatec supplies but when I switched over to Hollister I noticed the liner impaired the seal and odor escaped the pouch. But if they work for you, that's great! Some people also had troubles with flushing them but I haven't heard that lately. Good luck! ;

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,379 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

klark

Pinky... Thanks for sharing, I think I'm gonna give them a try. C M will send a sample or two. Just curious, how come you stopped using them?

smith311

Thanks for bringing these liners to light. I had heard about them over a year ago but never got around to trying them. Now might be the time, I use Convatec so it sounds like they should be a good match.

Thanks again

lynneepoo

I have been using the Colo-Majic liner for about 2 years and absolutely love them. I also found that I could only use them with Convatec products and not Hollister. In June of this year, I moved into an older apartment building with old plumbing that could not handle the bags. So now I empty out what I can into the toilet, bag up the rest, and bought myself a diaper pail to dispose of the bag. Using the disposable liner extends the life of a pouch by a couple of days. Colo-Majic has a great website and even comes with a tutorial. It's definitely a product worth the money.

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Past Member

I have used the liners for 13 years. They provided me a much improved "quality of life". They are simple to use with any 2-piece appliance that snaps on, like Tupperware. If you find it difficult to snap on, add a little water or lotion to the rim of the wafer. Presto!