Ostomy Products Questions

In this discussion
Replies
Views
joanmarie

I read about this product by 3M "Cavilon" No Sting Barrier Film. I've had my ileostomy since 1990, due to uncontrollable ulcerative colitis. When changing my wafer, I have used Bard Protective Barrier Film, but have had a problem with leakage and having to change the wafer every 2 days, instead of every 7 days. This has only been going on for the past year. What I did like about the Bard product is that it left the skin sticky when dry, so better for the wafer to adhere to. Does anyone know if the Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film also leaves the skin sticky for better success with the wafer? Thanks so much. Joanmarie

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,100 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Mrs.A
Hi Joanmarie,

I never found that my skin was sticky when I use my Cavilon wipes. But my flange/bag sticks on really well and I have not had a problem with itchy skin either when I use them. Maybe you could ask one of the suppliers for a sample to give it a try.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
YVRMike
Hi Joanmarie,

To answer your question, Cavillon does provide a slightly sticky surface and it definitely improves the adhesion of the other products you might use. As suggested, get a sample and try it out for yourself before you switch. Cavillon comes as little wipes and also as a spray. Good luck!

Cheers,

Mike