Colostomy Reversal

Replies
Views
sunbeam42
Hi, I'm Nadine. I had my colostomy done just over 12 months ago. The reason for it was that my coil/IUD, which I had fitted, perforated. So, I got rushed in and woke up in ICU with this on me. I had just had a baby girl a few months before, and my life at the moment is my 4 walls.

I went to see my doctor yesterday at the hospital, but he's off sick. So, I saw one of his understudies who more or less told me that my reversal would be too much of a gamble and very life-threatening, as there is so much damage already done inside. But the last time I went to see my doctor, he said, "Lose 3 stone, and we will consider reversal." So, I have done, but yesterday when I saw the new doctor, he really put me off. I came away from the hospital heartbroken with my partner, as I hate it, and it's stopping me from having a life. What should I do?
coquito

Take it easy. Wait for your doctor, it will make no good to you or your baby, being worried for something you still do not have the answer. In the meantime instead of worrying get info on how to live with an ostomy...You will make it....Pray...I know four people who have had reversal of the ostomy.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,358 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

beenawhile
Hello Nadine!
I'm David and I am not a paid user! So sorry to hear things are not going as you would like them to be right now, but things do get better! This is a good site to talk with others with shared issues! I would also invite you to check out Inspire.com - it's not a dating site, but you will find some great information! I have the same username there (beenawhile). Good luck in the future with your issues!
Past Member

Whether you need, or get, a reversal is almost of no consequence. You are alive with lots to look forward to. Having a reversal will not change you, just perhaps make life easier. Some reversals don't work and your medic should advise you on that. Have you spoken to a stoma nurse? They are usually the best people to discuss such things with and they are able to make home visits if essential. We have all had depression and it sounds like you may have too, so you are quite normal really.
Enjoy what you have and start to make sure your partner enjoys themselves as well. It is a partnership after all. If the stoma nurses can't find a solution, then you must contact the Macmillan nurses. They saved my life.