Bleeding and now 7 months out of my second surgery

Replies
Views
tknight1
They tried the reversal on me in June and it did not work, so I had my second ileostomy on July 1. I am now 7 months out of surgery and I have started bleeding from my rectum again. I do not know if it is because I had to ride for 4.5 hours on Sunday, then sit for a 1.5-hour funeral. I have become very weak today and very pale. Has anyone had this recur after 7 months from surgery?
Daz1985

I also tried a reversal that failed miserably last year. After the second op, the part they left, which I'm told was next to nothing, was still passing stuff from my back passage. Not always blood, but it was every time I urinated. I tried to get on with everyday life but got worse and worse, so in the end, I just had the rest removed. I'd say if you haven't already done so, it is worth contacting your surgeon. Not sure if you have the option to try the reversal again (I didn't) as I know this would seriously affect any decision to have more removed. I've had everything taken now and as shit as it is to know I have the bag for life, I feel the best I have in years and am finally getting back on with my life. I hope this helps.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,368 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

tknight1

I will not ever have the option for the reversal again due to nerve damage in the rectum. I love my bag and the help that it has given me for many discomforts. Thank you for your advice. If it continues, I will definitely talk to my surgeon.