Dating with a bag: possible or not?

Replies
Views
Fred383

I find intimacy challenging but not insurmountable. For a date night, I make sure that I'm as empty as possible by taking a laxative the night before and wearing the irrigation sleeve by Hollister to bed to catch the overflow. Then, on the afternoon of the date night, I take an anti-diarrhea pill(s) available at Walmart, and repeat every 5 hours until intimate moments are past. No need for a bag or barrier. Just a stoma cap which I cover with 3 big bandaids to hide the stoma. It has worked for me for quite some time now. I also use this technique when going to the doctor out of town several hours away. It saves embarrassing situations far from home. Terry

Aaliyah2019

Hi

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,463 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

tiff041
Reply to New to Maryland (DMV)

Not to be pessimistic... but I think you hit the nail on the head with this one.

tlawrence38
Reply to liberty238

That's not good and I'm sorry that happened. I'm very new here and I hope people wake up

tlawrence38
Reply to panhead511

I'm thinking about getting back into the "real world" again, but not only do I have the ostomy, but I've also had a mastectomy without replacing it. I'm incontinent, and I chose not to get the urostomy due to risks. A companion would be awesome as chemo left me with neuropathy, and I would never feel intimacy anyway.

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
NewlifeVictoria
Reply to Primeboy

What's this?

Rose Bud 🌹
Reply to mild_mannered_super_hero

That was messed up.

kennybob94zz
Reply to mild_mannered_super_hero

I know what u mean. 

kennybob94zz
Reply to livinnandlearnin