Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,168 members

Traveling

Posted by Squeeze43, on Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:38 pm

I'm looking at going down under in jan for a month an trying to find best insurance people can anyone help?

Reply by gordonc, on Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:47 am

Hi Squeeze,  I was in Aus and NZ last year, I used the Post Office first time then Virgin the second.I took out annual insurance as I travel a bit. Most insurance companies will insure you they just load the premium a bit, if I remember correctly it worked out about another £10.00 which in the grand scheme of things isnt really that much,I also suffer from chronic kidney infections and got insurance no worries, I cannot make any comments on how good the insurance co's were as I never needed to use them.  Remember and inform the airline that you have a stoma, hopefully you will be seated nearer the toilets. Which airline you travelling with? I went Qantas/B.A. first time and Emirates last year, I would say Emirates are by far the better of the two. Where are you travelling to?

have a great time. Gordon 

Reply by Squeeze43, on Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:06 am

Going to Brisbane and driving to Sydney we are out there for a month, I've got problems with my lungs and kidneys to, and I've got to be on 2ltrs of oxygen on the flight so I've got all that to sort out with airline,  I'm planning on flying with emirates as I've heard they are the best to fly with.

im looking forward to it tho as I'm doing my bucket list now so this will be the only time I'll get to go over,            Thanks for the info tho very helpful   

Reply by gordonc, on Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:12 am

Hope you have a great time, we were in Melbourne for 8 days, hired a car and drove the great ocean road,was stuning.   Emirates are decent, they go the extra mile, hope you have asked for assistance at airports, I had it as I have a spinal injury, some of these airports that you will prob fly into  Dubia or Qualumpa (bad spelling) are massive and you have to be quick getting to terminals..  

Gordon  

Reply by touche5657, on Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:25 am

have  a great time ,its somwhere that i have always wanted to go, ever since i was a child xx

Reply by Squeeze43, on Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:09 pm

It's on my bucket list I can't wait to go,    Going to love traveling round the place.

after there I want to go and see the northern lights

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.