What Would You Do?

In this discussion
Replies
Views
janee
Hi again folks.
Well, I seem to be having some real relationship majors. Firstly, I thank you all for your feedback on my last question. Life has been looking a lot better with an investment in some sexy underwear which hides the dreaded ostomy pouch. Now, I face another problem. Some 20-25 years ago as a couple, we dabbled in the swinging lifestyle. This weekend, one of those couples is coming to stay with us. My partner has suggested that I pick up some adult movies and we see what eventuates!! My ostomy has happened since those old days and the thought to me now is no way. Am I seeing this the correct way?? I look forward to your responses.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,086 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

Hi Janee, sit down with them and explain about your ostomy and see what they think. You might be surprised.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
ostomom

I agree. I wouldn't say "no" to something that you used to enjoy just because you have an ostomy now. If you are comfortable with your body, your partner most likely will be too. Good luck!

tarababy
Hi Janee, I think you should let them come over and after a few drinks and a chat. Maybe the conversation will come up about what's been going on in your life since you all last seen each other? That leaves it open for you to be open and honest with them. All you can do is be honest, let them know you're nervous and you need their understanding not their sympathy... and well, everything else is working... so I'd be sorting a cute outfit out for the evening...
Also, don't take it hard if they shy away at first... remember that ignorance breeds detachment (or something like that... lmao). The more they know it won't interfere with what's in store, the more you have a chance of it going extremely well... I think you will be fine... and I say go for it... What's life for? If not for living and doing what you enjoy... Good luck... and enjoy!!!! Tara