Looking for Ostomy Supplies & Waterproofing Products in Cancun

In this discussion
Replies
Views
About
This topic discusses where to find ostomy supplies and waterproofing products in Cancun, with participants sharing their recommendations and experiences.
Lovedabeach

Having trouble locating a distributor for ostomy supplies and was wondering if anyone had some info. Use Hollister and their site is not very helpful. Also looking for info on products that aid in waterproofing the appliance as I plan on spending a lot of time swimming lol. There was a product that covered the appliance but I forget what it's called.

Thanks.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,093 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

WAB

Hollister
Avenida Salvador Quevedo y Zubieta #656
Colonia La Perla
Guadalajara 44360

Phone 36 18 4856
Fax 36 18 4868

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Lovedabeach

Mucho gracias!

Sandywr

Sure Seal rings. I swim every day in Hawaii, 1 stayed on until I changed my flange in 4 days. Fits over the flange. They are amazing.

Lovedabeach

Mucho gracias tambiƩn!

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
ZaliBee

When I was last in Lake Chapala, I tried going to that address in Guadalajara, and it did not have a distributor there anymore.

You are better off calling Hollister for the information you need and pray.

WAB

Try this, maybe some help for you... Found it at a site... Page can be translated.

https://www.hollister.com/mexico/where/default.asp?id=1

Lovedabeach

That's for the info, guys. Appreciate it!

hockey

I frame my wafer with a product called Nex-Care tape made by 3M. I is 100% waterproof. I have been using it for 5 years now. I swim in the Atlantic Ocean (Cape Cod) all summer long and take showers. It is very flexible; it bends with your skin. Good luck. HOCKEY.

Lovedabeach

Does it stay on as long as your flange does? I had no luck with the Sure Seal, just made a mess out of it trying to get it on.

Lovedabeach

Just back from a week in Cancun and didn't have to make a change once despite lots of swimming, thanks to the Sure Seal ring.

They are amazing and I highly endorse it for anyone who enjoys swimming...or showering...lol.

NewInMexico

Hello!

I realize this thread is several years old, but did you end up moving to Cancun and if so, how do you obtain your ostomy supplies in Mexico?

Lovedabeach

Yes, I did. Been here almost 3 1/2 years now. Found an outlet store if you will, so all is good!

NewInMexico

Oh my God, really? Where???

I live in Puerto Morelos, my first order had to come from DF, an agent at Convatec helped me out, however it is not the norm and it took 2 months of samples, trying to connect me with a sales rep (with the closest person they knew in Merida), and adjustments for my sizing and products between the US and Mexico. I would love to just go to a store and get the products myself!!! If you can share, I would greatly appreciate it;-)

Muchos gracias!

Lovedabeach

52 1 998 897 6003 - WhatsApp

998 880 5540 - Phone #

Lovedabeach

To admin: These are contact numbers for Hollister, not mine! Lol

NewInMexico

Bueno... Thank you!!!

NewInMexico

I just submitted myself to join. Thanks!

Erika

Sueteas

Hello, I'm a newbie.