Just curious!

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Daz1985

If there was a zombie apocalypse, what would people do about getting new bags or would anyone have a back up plan if none were available?!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,099 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

Now there's a question that almost made me snort my morning coffee all over the keyboard, LOL!

Mmmm perhaps just become a zombie yourself and problem solved?

Have thought in the event of a natural disaster or nuclear holocaust what the protocol would be for the likes of us, personally think if it's "the end of the world as we know it" ;would prefer to be dead anyway ;(or undead?!)

But if anyone has any ideas about how to make an ostomy pouch out of a ;ziploc bag (or other household item) ;please let us know!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
cellodog

I currently use plastic bags which I buy by the 1,000 for about 50. I attach these bags to a ring which is placed over the stoma. I do not believe current surgery procedures would permit this, but it works great for me. Following is info for the bags I buy:

Ostomy bags: Uline (model# s-1436; 6x16"-2mil thickness): 2200 S. Lakeside drive, Waukegan, IL 60085 800-295-5510

at this rate, I use a new bag every day; really keep the odor problems down.

note: ;I have discovered a way to keep odor problems at a minimum: put raw oatmeal (about 2 tablespoons) in your bag every time it is opened. This changes the chemistry inside the bag and (for me) handles most odor problems.

Earl

Diceman

How do you keep those bags attached to the flange?

Diceman

Skip Summers

ron in mich

ziplock bags, duct tape and vaseline

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister