Burning sensation in area where barrier strips might be placed

Replies
Views
skidder

I had a hernia repair around my ileostomy in Oct. 2013 and again in July 2014 along with a revision from the left side to the right. Ever since 1986 I have been a patient at Walter Reed Hospital, now known as WRNNMC. My husband is a retired former Marine. I have healed and am doing great except for this gnawing burning sensation on the right side. It is located outside the perimeter of the stoma wafer between the two laproscopic scars where initially in 2013 they tried a lap before they encountered too many scar adhesions to proceed. So they did the big ol gut cut! I could say it it around the 10:00 Mark on a clock. It is extremely uncomfortable. Sick of seeing docs! Last week when I did see my gastrointerlologist last Tues and they have no idea what I'm talking about. Has anyone else had this? What is it? I will not submit to surgery again as each of the two I had in this past year left my "Mary" with creases that would not accommodate any wafer. Am doing great now ostomy wise! HELP!!!

Pooter

Hi Skidder

I talked with you awhile back.The Lyrica did not work for the pain, going to see surgeon on the 23rd of this month. are you ;still having the pain from the hip to the stoma? I'm still having the pain also.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,369 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.