Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,316 members

New here

Posted by Mrs.A, on Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:10 pm

Hi Marsone,

Welcome to MAO. I'm sure if up keep posting you will find lots of wonderful folks here to make friends with.

Reply by Marsone, on Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:02 am

Thank you. I appreciate you reaching out to me!

Marsha

Reply by CharK63, on Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:35 pm

Hi Allie and Marsone,

charK63 here and I've only been a member about a year now but I still feel like a newbie on the site. 

However, I think I've been fortunate enuff to have had my colostomy reversed after only ten months with the bags. 

I say "I think" because I had my reversal ten months ago and have not worked out all the kinks. 

My surgeon recommended early reversal because like you, Allie, I was severely recessed and had a stoma repair that didn't help at all. I was so recessed my body kept trying to close my stoma site and I had to stretch it out when I passed a stool. Besides that I couldn't get the bags to seal so I sometimes had to change 3 times a day and my skin was constantly bleeding from abrasion. 

Anyway, I am single and a recluse and a grandma so I don't "date" never meeting anybody so I don't know if I want to. It's too scary and I'm. Sry used to being alone but not lonely. 

I am not a paid member but I post so much I've been given full membership. I didn't ask for it, I just like to talk. A lot! Lol

i can't figure out the chat room and find that I'm too shy to just insert a comment. 

Well wecome aboard! Also, by the way, when I want to speak to someone I've met I go back to the forum topic where I started at   When all I do is basically whine and complain I don't hunt down a private conversation because I'm already obtrusive enuf!

charlotte

Reply by Marsone, on Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:49 pm

Hi Charlotte

Wow, hopefully your reversal will work out well for you. I do wish I had that option but do to the kinds of agressive cancers I've had it's too much of a risk. I am having a very bad time with a hernia under the colostomy stoma. Frequent changes because the bags don't lay flat & im getting tearing and abrasions. I have 2 bags, it's like I hit the lotto. Seriously I'm alive & I hope getting stronger & that's what I'm focusing on. 

I run out of bags & that's really fun. I'm going to hit up some suppliers & try some different bags, hope that helps.

i have to run for a Drs appt but Thanks so much for writing to me & I'm open to correspondence. 

Have a great weekend!  Marsone/

Marsha 

Reply by CharK63, on Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:48 am

Hi Marsha, 

Just a quick note. I had been telling my docs all about my frequent changes and had them rewrite the quantity on the rx then had enough from then on. 

May the same time I explained how much tearing I had removing the bags and asked for spray adhesive remover. 

I had to get my nurse to borrow some bags for me from one of their patients and one other time I purchased some singles.

They were difficult to find and the store I found them at had about 15 on the shelf. They only had one style and no pastes or other supplies. He explained u didn't want to have opened boxes gathering dust. 

He was right. The bags were old. They had lost some flexibility and the glue didn't adhere very well. 

I have not been able to find the adhesive remover spray anywhere for sale for individuals. 

Good luck, charlotte

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.