Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,170 members

Marshmallows Solve A Problem

Go to page: Previous  1, 2

Posted by alliejmw2, on Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:59 pm

i have had an ostomy on and off for 7 years now.  I have to wear the belt but I get the one from coloplast because the holister one is to uncomfortable.  I have always had trouble with air at night...and for some reason if i have an iv in the hospital myy bag fills up faster then i can get to it so i dont sleep there either.  Strange this is that it doesn't do it to me during the day if i take a nap.  strange.

Reply by honestabe, on Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:21 am

I too have trouble with gas. Am on eliquis which is a blood thinner. Side effect is gas. Am trying to find bag that gets rid of the gas.

Reply by Mrs.A, on Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:28 pm

Hi honestabe,

I have never heard of a pouch that has a gas relief system that is reliable, but you could attach these vents that make it easier to manually release the gas.

http://www.kemonline.com/content/home/

Reply by honestabe, on Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:33 pm

I had some delivered yesterday by my supplier and will try it out in morning. They did say, if you have a lot of gas it won't work. Will let everyone know, as I'm sure not the only one with this problem.

Reply by Mrs.A, on Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:21 pm

honestabe,

This little device is not going to solve anything, but it will make it easier to let out the gas from the bag~

Reply by honestabe, on Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:29 pm

Was a waste of money. You were right. It's a joke for gas. Bad thing about it is I have 18 bags left.

Go to page: Previous  1, 2
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.