3 members & 15 visitors

I am a 45-year-old Female
Interested in meeting or talking to: Male

I am a 26-year-old Male
Interested in meeting or talking to: Anyone

I am a 51-year-old Male
Interested in meeting or talking to: Female
Meet and talk to 20,082 OstoMates

My Way Of Stopping Leaks 7 Month Leak Free!

Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:42 pm

so guys aint been on time haha as ive been too busy not thinking about this bag as it causes me no probs whatsoever now! so i was sat in the house pissed off about leaks etc tried the whole holding 30 seconds etc and still to no avail! so i was in the local supermarket looking at some "Olive oil" for the pans as i was cooking a stir fry.. anyway desperate as i was changed my bag cut it etc and put a drop of olive oil in the bag wushed it round to act as a lubricant.. i do this every time and guess what no leaks! I went for a carvery the other day and my portion was huge normally it would pancake and split like hell! but no slid down the bag so fast! Worth a try guys and would look forward to your comments on my method many thanks!!!

Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:57 pm

Hey Liam,  Sounds like a great idea.  I use baby oil and have had good success as well.  I will try the olive oil trick.  Penguins7

Past Member
Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:19 pm

when was the last time you had a leak using the baby oil??? the baby oil could be better as it has a deodraant inside Smile

Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:48 pm

No leaks with the baby oil.  Plus it comes in travel size containers at walmart that are very handy.

Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:18 pm

hi i have heard many people doing this so they dont also have the pancaking experience great and well thought of as anyone who needs to think a lil different a lot of our country people in my country use this method as they do live pretty far away a lovely gentleman told me about trying to live at a camp side told me about olive oil thanks matey hope a few people get to read this as knowlege is the key as they say ? who are they them you know the people LOL ok out n about MOOZA Smile

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:41 pm

Hi guys!

So do you just put the oil in the one time when changing the bag?....or at every empty.

Thanks!

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:29 am

Hello Vikinga,  I put a couple drops of baby oil in the bag each time i empty.  I keep a large baby oil in the bathroom and carry the travel size ones when i am out.  Penguins7

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:08 am

Will this method work for folks like me that have a urostomy urine only bag?  Thanks

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:13 am

>>     so guys aint been on time haha as ive been too busy not thinking about this bag as it causes me no probs whatsoever now! so i was sat in the house pissed off about leaks etc tried the whole holding 30 seconds etc and still to no avail! so i was ...     <<

Olive oil, wasn't she married to Popeye? I guess she could do it if no one else could.

Oh, by the way, olive oil is just GREAT on popcorn for any of you ostomates who actuall EAT that stuff! I have a feeling, though, that it won't help the kernels through your gut if you are an ileostomate, though, only a "real" ostomate like me.

Sorry.

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:48 pm

Hmm. I have some of that Adapt lubricating and deoderizing liquid that is supposed to do just that, but I have suspected shorter wear time because of it. Maybe I just used too much. 

I like the simplicity of the oil. Guess it could be any kind really. 

V

Past Member
Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:11 am

what is pancaking? What does the olive oil do? it leaks due to so many reasons, the most important, I think, is because it is mostly liquid. Does the oil harden the output? 

Past Member
Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:50 am

okay ill do a step by step..

1... Cut hole on wafer leaving the outcase on.. so the oil dont get on the sticky wafer..

2.. hold the bottle of olive oil in your hand and pour into the hole you have just cut..

3.. once the olive oil has slid down to the bottom of the bag.. squeeze the bag so the olive oil gets all around the bag...

4.. take the wafer case off and stick on yourself as normal for 30 seconds... count to 30 people hearing you will think your nuts but who cares...

4 hold the outter ring of the stoma for another 30 seconds...

5 now any creases in the wafer iron them out...

6.. leave the oil in the bag and when u empty the shit the excess oil will come out leaving your bag all oiled up inside so when the shit comes out your stoma it slides straight down like a water slide...

NOW GO RING UP YOUR SUPPILER AND ASK THEM FOR A STOMA GUARD BELT THESE WORK MIRACLES!

Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:56 pm

HAHAH LOVE THE SHIT STEPS U PUT DOWN LMAO . I HAVE AN ILEOSTOMY SO NO HARD CRAP IN MINE IELO GEL TO MAKE THE WATYERY STOOL EASYER TO EMPTY OUT STEP 1  BREATHE LOL CHEERS MOOZA LOVED THE STEPS

Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:58 pm

WATERY STOOL BUY SOME ILEO GEL IT WILL THICKEN UP THE WATERY OUTPUT I WOULD BE LOST WITHOUT IT , NIOT SURTE WHAT ITS CALLED IN OTHER COUNTRYS ITS CHRYSTILIZED GEL IT WILL HELP Smile PROMISE YA

Past Member
Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:43 pm

Great tip! I've had an ileostomy for 44 years and it is well managed most of the time. But there are those times that I know ahead of time that the roughage is going to pancake (new term for me). This sounds like it will really help. Thank you!

Go to page: 1, 2  Next
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.