Interested in meeting or talking to: Female

I am a 57-year-old Male
Interested in meeting or talking to: Female

I am a 65-year-old Female
Interested in meeting or talking to: Anyone
Meet and talk to 20,105 OstoMates

Forum Gone??

Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:29 am

I must admit I have not contributed anything to the forum lately.  I am sorry to say that. But the interest just has not been there.  I knew that our good friend and buddie, Gute, was a piller of the forum.  I just never realized how strong an iinfluence he was.  I sorely miss him and his many facets of learning, compassion  and the ability to hold the group together, as I am sure  many, many of you miss him.  I know not what his epitepht said, but I am sure if it said, "he was a good man" he would have been satisfied with it.

To Ed Gavel's family: He WAS a good man.

Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:23 pm

Gosh I am sorry to hear of Gutenberg's passing. He was indeed a true gentleman. I know I only chatted with him when poor Dawneagle passed away a few years back. They can both chat away to their heart's content now. They were both good folk and I'm ever thankful to have had them chat to me during my surgery times a few years back. My deepest sympathy to his family and his dear friends here.

Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:24 pm
christiesdad wrote:

I sorely miss him and his many facets of learning, compassion  and the ability to hold the group together, as I am sure  many, many of you miss him.  

ed touched many lives on this forum, and that my friend is about all anyone can hope for. our time here is limited........to say "i knew him, he was a good man"..... the highest honor one can achieve.

life, and this forum goes on...its the natural cycle of life. there are still people who reach out for help, others who need inspired. lets be there for them...just as ed was. regards mmsh

Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:10 pm

Hi everbody. I didnt have the chance to know ED as i wasnt active on this forum at that time. came across his name too many times on this forum, even after the incident.   I can only feel that you are talking about someone who still  posts regulary. 

some people go and to be forgotten, but some go and still somehow approach who they loved , and thats how they are never forgotten. 

Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:09 pm

Unfortunately a lot of new folks here will never have an opportunity to interact with Ed or may never get to a chance read some of his enormously charming, funny and heartfelt posts. Perhaps there's a bit of Ed, however, that we can leave for future ostomates. Let's take a lesson from Baseball and Rock and Roll. Why not establish an Ostomate's Hall of Fame section to this website with Ed as our first inductee. Under Ed's name we could post some of his more memorable posts and blogs. I understand he posted over 2600 times. As time passes, we could add additional inductees (e.g., Dawneagle) if their posts are still accessible. I would be happy to work with others in making this happen if the Admin would agree to facilitate the website changes and people liked the idea. What do you think?

PB

PS: Merry Christmas Everyone!

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:43 am

Great idea Primeboy!

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:50 am

I think it's a wonderful idea! Merry Christmas to you too, PB.  

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:28 pm

Once again, PB, a great idea!  Ed was special and we can never forget his contributions.  Hey, in 30 or 40 years when you say “goodbye”, you’ll certainly be inducted into the treasured society you established.  

Thanks so much and Merry Christmas to all the wonderful folks here.

Mike

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:33 pm

A Hall of Fame is a terrific idea!  Let's develop it - hopefully the administrator will like the idea too.  Have a blessed Holiday everyone and thank you for all of the posts.  LH

Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:13 am

What a great idea PB! If for whatever reason the admin doesn't find a way to make it happen could we not just post it as a new topic ourselves and make it work there? Just a thought~

Merry Christmas everyone, may the Spirit of Christmas be with you throughtout the coming new year!

Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:57 am
Primeboy wrote:

I would be happy to work with others in making this happen if the Admin would agree to facilitate the website changes and people liked the idea. What do you think?

PB

PS: Merry Christmas Everyone!

count me in. 

MERRY CHRISTMAS...!!!

Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:10 pm

Great idea PB!

Maybe even call it "In Loving Memoriam"

Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:28 am

Good Idea......But let's keep in in the spirit that was Ed.....

Upbeat, fun, educational, helpful, insightful.... more like "Words of the Wise".

There are still many people out there needing help, advice & support.....so as much

as we miss our old friends, let's try to keep their spirits alive in how we reach out to help

others...

Belated, Happy Chanukah,   Merry Christma, and a very Happy and Healthy New Year to all...

Whoops....left out "Happy Kwanza".....   Cheers & best wishes to all...

Marsha

Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:16 am

Well said!

eddie

Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:54 pm

Any Takers ??  Who's next ???

I  find it rather morbid  ....Not one of the better ideas ....

With respect to the dead ....I'd rather  concentrate on the living ....

Go to page: 1, 2, 3  Next
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.