Pain or Soreness in Intestines

Replies
Views
lillibelle

Hi everyone, for three days now I have pain or what feels like soreness, especially as the output makes its way to the stoma. It hurts on my right side and under my stoma. It all feels very sore. The output is all liquid. I'm worried that is a sign of inflammation of my intestines. Any wisdom or advice, please??

Primeboy

Three days of unexplained pain near a surgical site is long enough. I would see a doctor right away. I would also be concerned that your all liquid output might lead to dehydration. If you are running a fever, finding blood in your output, or feeling weak, make that appointment now. Good luck!

PB

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,369 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

LadyHope

Hi Lillibelle,

I agree with PB. If you are in pain and not improving, I would consult a doctor. Things may be okay but I would let the doctor direct me. In the interim, I would monitor the output and stay as hydrated as possible. Just a thought, have you eaten anything that may have not agreed with you or what about a stomach flu? This is the season for all types of bugs. Hope that you are feeling better soon.
Good luck and keep us posted. LH

Immarsh

Hi,

I agree with PB, if no improvement, it's time to see a doctor. I've had blockages that cause side and pain around the stoma, yet the liquid waste finds its way through. Keep track of what you've eaten since the pain began. Sometimes fibrous food (regular or popcorn) or raw veggies can cause a backup, and your gastro track gets very "sore" tired/ trying to push it out. It once happened to me when I ate too many peaches....and another time, it was poppy seed pastries....The doctor presses my belly a certain way, and those little seeds "exploded". Good luck...

Marsha

lillibelle

Thanks everyone. I eventually did see my doctor. I was very dehydrated by the time I got there. Had IV treatments. Feel much better. Was referred for an X-ray to see if there is a partial blockage, although I'm told they generally work themselves out. I appreciate your responses even though I couldn't read them until now.

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister