I am a 53-year-old Female
Interested in meeting or talking to: Anyone

I am a 55-year-old Male
Interested in meeting or talking to: Anyone
Meet and talk to 20,078 OstoMates

Foods Before Sport?

Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:30 am

Hello all, 

Im starting to recover from the op and looking forward to being able to play football again, hopefully. My question is, does anybody know any good foods for energy before a game/training but also foods that won't make me balloon and fill up as much whilst playing?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you, Sam.

Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:06 pm

HI sam

Hope you go through your full recover ASAP. I always asked myself that question. Not just for sports and exercising reasons but also in the morning before work. No doubt, it is optimum for us ostomates to be energetic without having to empty up or release air when outdoors. Obviously compromising the amount of output to energy level is a tricky trade-off, Till I found DATES Very Happy. They boost your energy level so quick that you can actually feel it. If you talking about having 5-7, this probably equal the amount of energy you can have from a full meal.

Caution,,, since you just had the surgery, i wouldn’t recommend it now ,as it may cause blockage. If you found out that it does block you up in the future or you just want to try it now, you can boil it till the skins peel off. You can boil it in water or milk.  You will be surprised how those little fruits are considered as a powerhouse. The water or milk that you have used to boil the dates in will be filled up with infused natural sugar from the dates, so you can also drink that as a natural source of sugar after exercising.

The best bit is MINUMUM OUTPUT, FULL ENERGY: D Very Happy

Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:18 pm

Another vote for dates.  I found a bar (Picky Bars) the base of which is mashed up dates.  They are a bit spendy though.  Good luck.

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:17 am

I hope you have recovered

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.