Interested in meeting or talking to: Male

I am a 34-year-old Male
Interested in meeting or talking to: Female

I am a 57-year-old Male
Interested in meeting or talking to: Female
Meet and talk to 20,086 OstoMates

Ostomy Reversal Lil Over Year Ago

Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:03 pm
Hello,11 yrs ago I had surgery and ended up with ostomy and got it reversed a yr later.Few days later it put me back in surgery and ended up with large intestine ostomy.I had it for 10 yrs till lastyear on my birthday had it reversed.It has been a lil over a year and still can\\\'t eat alot of foods.It has made me sick for months and has made me lose alot of weight. Is there anybody having the same problem? I don\\\'t have any insurance anymore, so I can\\\'t talk to adoctor at this time.< >
Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:08 pm
Gosh I am so sorry to hear about this. I wish I could wave a magic wand so far I have been waving one for everyone who has constant problems with this. I need to ask have you ever had a colonospy with all these problems? I am do to have on 1-9 I am a wreck. I am 67 and loaded with arthritis. thx
Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:22 pm
hello tracy, can you tell me the original reason you had the ostomy surgery?? when you say large intestine ostomy does that mean colostomy ?? if you don't have insurance because you are unemployed you may qualify for low or no cost insurance from your state health agency. i would seek professional assistance since it has been months{ and you are losing weight. good luck and god bless
  Past Member
Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:07 am
12 years ago I had endometriosis.They went in several times to fix it because it kept attaching to my uterus and pulling it backwards.During the last surgery they did,they nicked my intestines and had to have emergency surgery . That's when I ended up with my small intestines on the outside of my stomach. A year went by and they said I could have it reversed,so I did.3 days later after I went home,My mom and stepdad were said I was losing vitals so they called ambulance and had to have emergency surgery again and woke up 2 to 3 weeks later with my large intestines on the outside of my stomach.10 years went by and just had it reversed on my birthday lastyear.So my body is trying to get back to normal after all those years . It's been a very tough road,but I lean on God everyday.It has caused me to be sick every thing I would eat.I admit it's alot better than it was in the beginning.I was told to try Ohbahma Insurance.I weighed 199 when I had it reversed, now I weigh 130.Thank you and God bless you and you family as well dear.
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.