Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,170 members

Gas Build Up In Bag

Go to page: Previous  1, 2

Posted by iMacG5, on Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:39 pm

Unless I missed it, nobody mentioned carefully separating the pouch from the wafer just enough to allow the gas to escape.  I guess this can only be done with the 2-piece \"TupperWare\" type appliance but, for me, it\'s way better than relying on the filters.  Also, once the tail piece is opened, I just feel like it needs to be cleaned.

Boy, who woulda thought we\'d be articulating the gas removal methods of our modified bodies?

Mike 

Reply by charleston guy, on Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:54 pm

iMacg5, 

I don't use the two piece to me tupperware belongs in the kitchen not on me tongue-out. But to each their own. I have nothing agaisnt them it's just not for me. And yes I do burp my appliance, but mostly try to use the loo and empty as well. Some folks pass gas from behind we are just very specail folks and can do it from the frontsurprised.  I was just looking at ways of possibly decreasing the gas build up. I'm try all methods of anti gas. Hoping someone will have used a product that helps. Darious mentioned characol tablets. Will look into those. Right now I'm chewing gas-x

Reply by Van guy, on Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:15 am

I use a two piece and almost always empty the bag rather than burp it. My main gas control method is: don't eat wheat. At all. Ever. A few other favourite foods give me a smaller amount of gas (avocado, potato) and I limit them, especially before bed time - to avoid the exploding bag experience - yes it has happened. Filters don't work for me because my output is too wet and they plug up right away.

Reply by ChrisP, on Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:35 am

Well, disaster struck last night! Working late on a writing project in a cold room, I staved off the munchies with a couple of slices of my OH's delicious Christmas Cake! I managed to avert the first explosion at 3am, but at 7am the flange on my two-part kit ruptured. Fortunately only gas, but even the dogs complained!

(Sorry if that's TMI even for this site!) laughing

Reply by dazer, on Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:59 am

Hi Chris,  not sure if i should laugh or sympathise! ? However I can empathise.  (malt loaf, I'll say no more! embarassed)

Please could you explain about the link with aspergers and bowel, which i think is what you refer to in another posting. I can't message directly,  still considering becoming full member,  sent from a freezing uk! Thanks and well wishes 

Reply by ChrisP, on Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:36 am

Hi dazer: Malt Loaf, mmmmm!

I\'ve sent you a pm about the Aspergers query - I hope it answers your question.

Say hello to chilly Kent from me - I am a Man of Kent (I think, or is it Kentish Man, can't remember which way round for my birthplace) myself!

Chris

Go to page: Previous  1, 2
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.