Ileostomy and Pregnancy: Early symptoms causing discomfort?

Replies
Views
Lilly

Hi everyone.

I've had an ileostomy for the past 7 years with lots of surgery since then. I've recently found out I'm pregnant 'about 6 weeks'. I'm having a lot of problems with pressure on my back passage and even feces coming out every day, which isn't usual for me so it's extremely uncomfortable. I'm just wondering if anyone knows if it could be related to the pregnancy even though it's so early on? I'd be grateful for anyone's advice.

Keep well, ostomates.

Past Member

Hi Lily, have you had a panproctocolectomy and ileostomy? If you have and it's a permanent ileostomy, then you should not be having feces coming from there. Please go and see a stoma nurse as a matter of urgency!!!

Good luck with your pregnancy.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,367 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Lilly

Thank you so much Carida51 for your reply. I really do appreciate it. Yes, I've had the full works and left with a permanent ileostomy. I'll take your advice and book to see my stoma nurse ASAP. Thanks again for your support.

honor

Hello Lilly.

I'm pleased for you being pregnant. Good luck and take care. I hope that you have talked with a stoma nurse or, better still, a colorectal consultant and had some good advice. I agree with Cariad, please do it soon.

Lilly

Thank you very much, Honer. I really appreciate your support. I've tried and tried getting hold of my storma nurse but no joy today, so I'm gonna try again tomorrow. I'll keep you updated.

Hope you are well,

Many thanks, Lilly.

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Lilly

Apologies, Honor. I spelled your name wrong.