Blood from Stoma

Replies
Views
pammer

Hi everyone. It's been a while since I've been here. Just need some advice. About 4 weeks ago, I started bleeding from my stoma. The first time it happened, I must say there was a decent amount. I continued to bleed for about 1 week. It then slowed down and now it's about 3 to 4 times a week. I saw my doctor and he didn't know what to do with me, so I then saw my surgeon and she wants to do a scope. Has anyone else had this happen to them? What could it be?

Also, I've been diagnosed with a pastomal hernia. My doctor here won't fix it. She said there are too many complications. How has anyone dealt with this?

Thanks for reading this,

Pammer

rvhumbug

I have had bleeding from my stoma. The first thing to determine is whether it is internal or external. If it is internal, a scoping should help identify the cause. If it is external, it is probably due to irritation of the stoma.

Good luck!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,370 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

I too have a parastomal hernia, it is normal for the surgeon to refuse to try to operate. Belts and guards are generally used in order to help with this problem. Sometimes the hernia rights itself. I know that there are times when the pain is excruciating, take painkillers and ride it out. That is my experience, sorry I can't help more.

pammer

Thanks for replying. It's nice to know that I'm not alone and other people have this happen as well.

Regards

Pammer

pammer

Thanks for your reply. I actually am going for a scope tomorrow morning. Hopefully it's nothing.

Regards,

Pammer

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister