Interested in meeting or talking to: Male

I am a 57-year-old Female
Interested in meeting or talking to: Anyone

I am a 55-year-old Male
Interested in meeting or talking to: Anyone
Meet and talk to 20,076 OstoMates

We Are All Brave.

Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:26 pm

Its just insane how menn people can be to people who are suffering with various sickness.I'm completly disgusted my how my own family has treated me since i almost died and got a ostomy.They are so sure nothing awful will ever happen to them. This can happen to ANYONE AT ANYTIME.Iwish all of you who are suffering peace of mind. In our darkest of days we keep staying as strong as we can.

Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:33 pm

I am sorry you have such problems with your family, precious baby. But I understand what you are saying. This can happen to anyone at anytime. Thank you for your wishes. Keep staying as strong as you, obviously, are.  Hugs 

Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:19 am

hi precious people that dont have ostmies dont know how to react to people that do, they feel awkward talking about that taboo poo, so us ostomates gotta suck ip up and be strong.  take care ron in mich

Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:36 am

Are we brave? - I don't necessarily feel so: when it comes to the crunch, the choice is to do what has to be done, or else give up.

The weirdness is two-fold: poo is one thing, the other for some of us is people's weirdness when close to someone with cancer. Hey guys - it's not infectious, you can even shake hands with us! laughing

Much sympathy, precious baby - people are weird, and so often let you down at the moments when you most need them to be there for you.

Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:31 pm
precious baby wrote:

Its just insane how menn people can be to people who are suffering with various sickness.I'm completly disgusted my how my own family has treated me since i almost died and got a ostomy.They are so sure nothing awful will ever happen to them. This can happen to ANYONE AT ANYTIME.Iwish all of you who are suffering peace of mind. In our darkest of days we keep staying as strong as we can.

That is just horrible.  We need family almost as much as we need a good doctor/surgeon! 

Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:49 pm
Hello I am David i have lived with an ostomy for 34 years and it is a partof my life now. But there is one thing i don't like there are some people that can be not very nice about what i have i am the same person that i was when i was young. That is all i have to say thank for the time.
Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:39 pm
I would like to meet someone like me but it is hard to find a nice lady that has what i have ostomy.
Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:26 pm

I'm on the final countdown to the reversal have a May 11th date.Had a date in January had a insurance snafu plus I didn't want to be in the hospital during flu season. I'm reading the reversal stories and I'm nervous as much as I want to return to the old days Ihave to say reversal ain't a walk in the park. Wishing all of you the best!

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:32 pm

Well I would like to wish you the best as well. I'm sure you will do well. There is a good amout of info here about reversals as many have come to post about it. I hope you come back after you have yours and let us know your thoughts.

Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:03 pm

Good luck with your reversal precious baby.  I've heard very good stories about reversals too.  I am not sure what type of a reversal you are having...reconnection or a J-pouch construction but you will be in my prayers that everything goes well.  Mean people are just that...mean.  I had a boss that frequently brought up my prior UC and how sick I was.  He was terrible...always saying that I almost died and reminding me that he kept me employed.  I was very grateful for the employment as the UC came on suddenly.  I am not a nasty person, nice I hear, but I finally had had enough and told him to stop - in the middle of a meeting.  I can't figure people out.  I was always taught if you have nothing nice to say.... 

As for my family, a few members were really great and the others, not so supportive.  You can't pick your family so I have what I have.  My husband was really supportive post op - I became depressed and overwhelmed.   He helped keep me positive through the process of surgery and life with an ostomy.  I also attended several support groups that helped lift the sad feelings.  I give thanks for him, this group and my support groups.  Lots of gratitude for those who were there for me.  Keep us posted on your surgery and recovery.  Wishing you all of the best.  Take care - LH 

Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:13 pm

I will keep you all posted.Im haveing a take down which means I'll be reconnects to my butt hole.Smile God willing.I PLAN ON DEVOTING A PART OF MY LIFE TO HELPING OTHERS WHO ARE GOING THROUGH THIS OR WILL BE.My surgery date might be a bit later because I have to have a primary care doctor which I had but he stopped taking my insurance.I have TRY THE SURGERY. I had no undeling health issues just a 14 pound tumor benign.Many of the DOCTORS TOLD ME IT JUST WASN'T MY TIME YET TO DIE.

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.