Struggling with feeling unattractive - seeking advice on boosting self-esteem

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Primeboy

When I first visited this site in early 2011, I was curious how people were adjusting to the challenges of the ostomy. At the time, I was in my mid 60's and felt that the best years of my life were enjoyed and that any extra good years were all gravy. Sure, there were a few bumps left on the road. I remember while driving to teach a class one afternoon I found a nasty surprise under my belt. I had to deal with the situation and take steps to avoid it in the future. I eventually found a lot of great practical ideas here; but, more importantly, I found a spirit especially in young people that rejects despair. Over time I have come to appreciate that the cards I have been dealt are as valuable as my mind chooses, no more or no less.

PB

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,098 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

LadyHope

These are valuable words of wisdom, PB. Thank you for sharing them as always. Take care and enjoy your weekend. LadyHope

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
ycats

I just finished a post on the subject......