Bowel Trouble

In this discussion
Replies
Views
LadyHope
Hi Namaste61, welcome to the site. I had UC several years ago which resulted in an ileostomy. Immediately following surgery, I watched everything that I ate because my body needed time to adjust to the change. I would recommend eating bland foods to start, then reintroduce your favorites one by one. I would start with broiled or baked chicken, no fried anything, cooked veggies - no raw ones, applesauce, bananas, mashed potatoes, mashed sweet potatoes, rice, pasta with a mild sauce, breads, cereal, and nothing over the top spicy. You may want to add Ensure or Boost to your daily intake. Both have lots of vitamins and nutrients. Keep hydrated too by drinking water, V8, juices, and decaf beverages. Watch the sugar in juices though. Good luck and keep posting your questions. We will do our best to help. Take care. LH
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,104 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

Thank you for your reply and great info, LadyHope!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Mrs.A

Hello and welcome to the site. Glad you stumbled upon it. It is so true that food tolerances differ from person to person, so I think the food journal is a good way to go. But remember, what may bother you now may not in the future. There are quite a few good ostomy nutrition guides on the web, but links don't work on a blog. Give it a search and you will find good information out there to read as well. Have a great week~

Past Member

Thank you, Mrs. A, for your recommendation as I found 2 nutrition guides that are very helpful. :)