Blood clot

In this discussion
Replies
Views
xnine

Since surgery about a year ago a blood clot on my lung has showed up on a CT scan. I just had another scan and it is a little bigger. They put me on blood thinners and it is not fun. I find out what kind of program they want to put me on tomorrow. Anyone else have this kind of problem? It is hard to get moving or care about anything.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,089 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Ewesful

My sister in law developed several after a surgery -- It was really hard goingfor awhile, but once the blood is thinned and the clot dissolves/ ;passes, you will be back to normal. Is this inoperable? Sometimes the surgery makes it worse... wishing you the best and stay positive - this is a stone in the path -- you can get beyond it.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
xnine

Thanks. It is small so I do not think surgery is being considered. I am on needles for a week and pills for 5 months. I thought this topic would have got more replys.

Longroad78

I am in the hospital now just had surgery outpaient to clear out a large blood clot in two areas coming from my intestines and spline to my liver. Doctors do not know why it formed and my surgery for my ostomy was September of last year, never had this problem before. Is it common to develop blood clots later on after surgery months later

warrior

I will give this a try. my clots developed before my surgery. twice within a year. put me on a med that they knew would aggravate my IBD. and it did. almost bled to death. had iliostomy two yrs ago. still on blood thinner and wearing those special socks. so far, so good.folks are very luck to walk away with a clot issue. it usually doesn't happen. twice.also had the ivc filter implanted.just my two cents worth. good luck everyone.

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister