OK Boys and Girls

Replies
Views
megalyman

We all know we have a bag attached to our side. Some are new and some have been around for a while (old). We all have to live with it to the end. Why not open up a bit and discuss personal issues on this forum? I have never gone to the events, survey, or other sections of the site. Talk about everything here. Fun things and sad things. Personally, I would like to meet other ostos and hear their story. I'm not looking for a hook up. In fact, I don't think I would go over 10-20 miles to meet someone. If any one of you is going through my area, I would be glad to put you up and feed you for a few days. (After that, you have to put out some bucks.) Feel free to ask me anything you want. If I don't have an answer or opinion, I will tell you.

Thanks and good night,

I would be glad to give my personal e-mail but they say they would delete it.

Don

megalyman

And, by the way, old refers to me. I am 60 and had my ileostomy in 2007.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,358 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

megalyman

As I have said, I am not a licensed therapist or medical professional. That being said, first I want to extend my sincere hope things work out for the best for both of you. I think you should act normally and not assume anything about the future. I had an uncle who died of brain cancer. He and his family went through some extremely tough times. If your situation is anything like my uncle's, your husband is going to remember or forget things no matter what you do. I think the best is to leave everything as normal as it was in the past unless the situation makes a change inevitable. For example, at some time he may have to go into an assisted living situation or hospice. Of course, this would be a difficult decision for you to make but we have to face reality. If you get to the point where you or someone close can't take care of your husband, someone else may need to do it. By the way, was he ever in the military? If he was, that may be another resource to help. Let me know if there is anything I can help with.

Don

Past Member

Hi Don,

Well, I was a licensed therapist and must say, that is some very good advice.

Loretta

megalyman

I do have a lot of time to fiddle around, so I do a fair amount of reading and studying. It's unfortunate that you have to cut out some of the foods you like. Have you tried to reintroduce some of the things you like one at a time? If you do, just use a small portion at first and slowly work up. Only one thing at a time. If it does not agree with you, take a few weeks off for your system to clear and try something else. Hopefully, you will be able to add back a couple of things you like.

Don

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister