Meet and talk to 20,077 OstoMates

Hospital Parking Charges ...

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:49 am

I heve noticed on recent visits  to my local Hospital  ( Wife's appointment , not me this time )  how much Hospital parking charges  have risen .  Some years back , when I was visiting for  Osto  visits  it was about £1.20 per hour . It is now £ 1.80  UK ( $ 2.86 US ) .  I only want to park my car  I have no desire to actually purchase the car park .

It is also potluck if the department / doctor / surgeon/nurse is running on time .  Your visit time  can  also tick over into  the 3rd or 4th hours . Thus being a couple of mins late back to your car can cost you an extra full hours parking charge .

I did , however , visit a friend in Hospital recently , at a Town 30 miles from me , & guess what ?? Parking was Free !!

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:09 am

Be thankful.........here ( Montreal ) .

hit the full-day cost of $25  Canadian after 90 minutes. ( $21 US)...............and Doctors are never on time.......I was in Florida and not one hospital charged parking rates that I went to........free parking....

Past Member
Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:07 pm

They have raised the parking prices here as well, especially around the hospital downtown.  It really added up paying for parking every day I had radiation (25 days) even though we only had to park for an hour or so.  I did some looking around and found a residential street just outside of the hospital campus that charges half of what the streets are right by the hospital. 

Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:47 pm

Wow! Just... wow! Here in France they think hospital car park charges are a foreign plot, and nobody has them.

When I had chemo in the UK I blanched at the parking fees: when I beefed about them to the unit secretary she quietly produced a bag of tokens giving free parking for regular patients. Tried that? I made a habit of cultivating the parking attendants as well. They decided I was a Nice Vicar, and became Most Obliging, often lifting up the barrier to let me through.

When we moved from there to a new area my appointments were at a big hospital in the nearby city. Prices were high there, but when I turned up wearing The Ring Of Confidence (cut them out of Fairy Liquid detergent bottles, remember to wear them the white side out!) I was allowed to buy a Clergy Parking Pass, which gave me unlimited parking at £30 a YEAR!

Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:39 am

Chris , you sound like a one man Monty Python sketch .

Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:01 am

Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:54 pm

WAB - nothing like me - haven't had hair like that in 40 years!

Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:21 pm

No parking charges at my hospital, and they even offer valet parking, you drive up to the door, get out and they park your car for you, again NO CHARGE!!

Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:16 pm

Charging for parking?! That is Ridiculous! Never have I paid to park at a hospital! They charge such high fee for the Doctor or hospital visit, it is a crime to charge more knowing you have to drive there and park somewhere! 

Puppyluv

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.