Not into music?

Replies
Views
Zywie

Hey now Mike, you know there can't be a hell without heaven! (I really did get the sarcasm there, just had to comment.) Reminds me of a line from a song though "If you want to get to heaven you gotta raise a little hell"

Zywie

Agreed on every point.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,358 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

ladytopspin

Hi,

To each their own, I try not to judge. Music can be great; it can be a distraction. I suppose it depends on what you listen to. How do you define music?

Charleston man

Music is known to calm the savage beast, and it will also wake the savage beast. As LadyToSpin said, "To each their own." I myself have to be in the mood for music. Before all my surgeries, I used to like to have music all the time, even at work. But now I've grown to just have my own thoughts. When at work, being in construction, it's really hard to have a radio with all the power tools going. But the men seem to either have earbuds or like to turn it up to where you can't even think. Another distraction there, again a quote from LadyToSpin. Just my input.

Charleston guy

Sun

I personally like any kind of music, but prefer world music. For me, it is a way to "meet" different cultures. Here is a site that I often visit, could be interesting for some of you: http://ethnocloud.com/world-music/discover-new-music

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
icomeau

I can totally relate. Music seems to be a pretty annoying experience to me as it always seems to go against logic, as it seems to be nothing more than a poem that the artist wants me to decipher. I don't have time for that. If there is a message that you want to convey, just explain it in a document and I'll read it when I have time. Don't get me started on the repetitious chorus that is a staple of most music or the continuous cover remixes from artists that think they can recite the same poem better than the original.
When in a car, I find talk radio rules as it's at least something useful to listen to.