Impossible to be penetrated

In this discussion
Replies
Views
tallinheels

Had my colectomy and rectum removed a year and a half ago. Still getting used to having a bag hanging in front of me, but learning a lot from this page and grateful there is no more cancer. My problem is that I feel that I have this lump stuck up my rear and while sex is almost good except that I can't be penetrated more than an inch or so. Has anyone had these problems?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,091 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Immarsh

Hi, everyone's anatomy is different, and healing can take some time. But removal of the rectum should not impede vaginal penetration, unless there are adhesions or scar tissue tightening the area. I would check with your gynecologist to see if there is a problem vaginally.

I had my initial surgery done when I was 15, but didn't have the rectum removed until I was 19, before I was sexually active. But I was told that because there was no rectum backing the vagina, I might feel some pressure or discomfort. I had no comparison, but time did help to relieve some of the slight discomfort.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
tallinheels

Thanks for replying; Immarsh

Getting a CAT scan next week, it may be scar tissue.