Happy 10th Anniversary Party for the UOAA

Replies
Views
B4_R2D2

The United Ostomy Association of America (UOAA) is celebrating it's tenth aniversary with a 4 day conference in the Gateway City of Saint Louis, MO this Laborday Weekend. There is a long list of educational sessions at the UOAA Web site, Ostomy.org. One session is even titled "LSI" ... Leak Scene Investigation", as many of us have leaks, even if infrequent. Several evening events include an Ice Cream Social, that usually includes a DJ with dancing, and the last night has a desert event with dancing advertized. More info at Ostomy.Org

Additionally, for all the dancers at the UOAA conference:
St. Louis is the home of the largest non-profit swing dance club in America, as stated by the American Bob Association. By pure coincidence, we have a weekly dance with about 300 dancers every Tuesday night, with 4 levels of lessons from 7 to 8, and open dance till 10:30. Addmission is only 5.00 for non-members with lessons an additional 5.00. Additionally, Thursday night Sept. 03 is the kick off dance for the 20th annual "Rolling on the River" 4 day night dance event. Addmission fee is 10.00 except for those who buy the whole event. Both dances are at the Moolah Shrine Center, where the shriners slogan is "we dance so kids can walk". much more info is at WCSDC.Com, or contact me here.

Hope to see you at the conference, and maybe the dances as well. Take care... Bruce

mild_mannered_super_hero

sounds like a good time, i cant make it this year but there are several members on here that plan on attending. have a great time

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,370 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

LadyHope

Hi Bruce,Thank you for the great post and update. My husband and I are planning to attend and look forward to seeing everyone. The Jacksonville conference was fun in 2013. We had a blast dancing the night away. The sessions were helpful too. Take care - See you at the Conference in September. LH