Seeking Advice: Coping with Sexual Frustration After Cancer Treatment

Replies
Views
Past Member

Hello Scorsby, I had colorectal cancer surgery and the doctor warned me that it would impair sex. At the time, that didn't matter, but now I'm feeling it. They said I have a narrow pelvis and cut through a lot of nerves. So now I have no feeling to make it work. I have a permanent ostomy, and therefore they sewed me up. It's still not healing all the way. There was an infection. After another stay in the hospital pumped with antibiotics, they decided to cut it open and pack it 2-3 times a day. Since I have been tethered to a wound vacuum to try to close up my deep wound.

Anyway, I don't have the pain that you have, but it just won't work anymore. And I also had been denied intimacy after having children (about 27 years). So some of us have been through some frustrating times. Thanks for listening, and I am open to talk with anyone.

Past Member

I'll be 60 in January and my libido has never been higher. Nothing I can do since my surgery in 2005 left me impotent. I write books and go for walks and wish things were different.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,464 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

hockey

I have the same problem after rectal cancer surgery and a colostomy. You may find this is not for you. I have been having and enjoying oral sex with a few male friends of mine. nbsp