Grandson & Malawi, Africa

In this discussion
Replies
Views
vulcanBMk2

My 17 yr old grandson has recently returned from a School expedition / Trek / Safari / See the world / Help the Childrento Malawi Africa . Well he told me its opened his eyes to how some people live . He was involved in making hand made bricks for a new orphanage run by " The Ministry of Hope " had time to help out with supervision . playtime sports of the little ones . He slept on the ground in huts , tents villas under mosquito nets ;. He ate all sortsfrom strange green veg to BBQ mice on sticks . They were charged by elephants on safari he has pics of the hippos yawning at the waterhole at day break . He arranged a game of soccer with a local team when they turnrd up he found out they were playing the local Ladies semi proffessional team !He returned home with quite a bit of local Tribal art . ( he swapped his old tee shirt for what looks like a Hash pipe ?? ) He said he got a lot out of it I think it will help him understand how the world operates .

However I still cant quite understand how a17yr old Student arrives back in the UKwith a Ruck sack half full ofMalawi's Finest 50 Vodka Gin ... me his Mom are not complaining .........

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,100 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bill

Hello Vulcan. It's good to hear about these young people helping out and getting some enjoyment from it for themselves.

Best wishes Bill

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Mrs.A

Sounds like he had quite an adventure and one I hope will always stay fresh in his mind. How wonderful he was able to have such an experience. I can only wonder how it shaped his future.