Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,170 members

Irrigation Of My Stoma.

Posted by Past Member, on Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:29 pm

I really don't know if anyone out there with a stoma,  My stoma is on the left side of coarse.  I struggled for 6 months with bags and the like,   Then I discovered a great way to irrigate everyday..    I use a 16 inch FUNNEL with about a 5 inch opening on top and a 1 inch at the bottom.   I flush it out with a large sports bottle which is plastic so I can squeeze it.  I am not offering any medical advice as I am not a doctor or have any medical training to make that clear.  I have been using this method for 10 years and it works.  Hope this helps someone.  Virg.

Reply by Bill, on Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:24 am

Hello Virg.

Thanks for sharing your post. Congratulations!  I think it's great when people find their own  'different' ways of doing things that work for them. It is also an indication that by knowing your own stoma and body there are things that can be done to make managing the thing a bit less stressful.

Best wishes Bill

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.