ConvaTec - Bathing
Advertisement
ConvaTec - Me+ Join Today

For the Ladies. My experience with custom Lingere

Welcome to MeetAnOstoMate
17,271 Members
Go to page: 1, 2  Next
Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:41 am

About a year ago I had custom lingere made by Rigby and Peller which has a shop on Bond street in London. I worked with one of their seemstresses there to design corsetts made with a little pocket and enough substance in the front to make things smooth. I also had the front extend a bit lower into the pubic area to hide most of my scar. about an inch of the scar shows....not a big deal. The lingere wast cheap but it wasnt crazy expensive either. Each piece may have been about 75 to 100 pounds.

If you are a long time member of the site I'll consider sending you some photos of how it looks on as long as you promise to keep them private. Sorry guys!! lol

One of the things that I have found is that a lot of people beyond their thirties are insecure about their bodies. I have had four children. One of my lovers has also had four. Women get stretch marks. Many of us have had numerous surgeries. Some breast cancer. Men's bellies are bigger and their chests arent as tight as they were when they are young. Women's hips and legs arent as lithe. It's ok though. People can still be beautiful!! Smiles still charm and attitudes can still excite. The richness of experiences and our battle scars make us stronger and more interesting! 

Last edited by vanessa1970 on Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:46 pm; edited 4 times in total
Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:53 am

Hello vanessa1970.  Thanks for posting (not jus this one!) as I do like you attitude, outlook and style.  You are so right that people  can still be beautiful and more interesting with all the experiences that they've had even if those experiences may have left some scars.  I look forward to hear more about you and your relationships in the near future. Best wishes  Bill. 

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:09 pm

Thank you Bill. I appreciate the encouragement. Though I'm starting to suspect that I don't belong on this site. 

Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:02 am

Hello Vanessa1970.

Your posts indicate that you are an 'independent' thinker which may lead you to question whether you 'belong' anywhere where there may be a common interest and/or a 'following'. People who are independent thinkers are often what I have called 'fringe-edgers' in that they are not predisposed to joining things where others are likely to think collectively. Sometimes it happens that fringe-edgers are marginalised by people who are not comfortable with the 'differences' they observe.  However, I have found that by and large the people on this site have been fairly open minded about most stuff and don't expect people to 'belong' except in the sense that we all have the stoma in common.  I hope that you will continue corresponding and adding your unique contiribution to what is and can be some very interesting discussions.  Best wishes  Bill

Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:23 am

Dear Vanessa1970,

Where does anyone belong?  For me If im comfortable here on this site, which I so very am,  it feels good and therefore I feel a sense of belonging  ...Its when im uncomfortable and feel out of place that maybe I might question If i belong.  but its been my experience for us "stomies",  that our journeys have brought us to depths most have not endured, and in turn have given us an incite into this life journey , that then allows us to see the beauty of it all, and embrace it all and for a guy like me it comes without judgement and again in fact brings a welcomeness to  whatever people are bringing to the table.  I dont know if im describing it right but its very true for me and its been a metamorphosis for who i once was,  a very judgemental and unhappy man.   

I dont know how else to describe it, but I do hope you feel welcome here, as we all bring something to the table, that can and will help someone whether we ever get to know it or not...

BeyondPar

Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:22 am

You have a wonderful, refreshing  attitude towards sexuality Vanessa...I applaud your sincerity.  Please keep posting...

Eamon.

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:17 am

So liked your post... This is something I have recently started looking into.. the corset thing.  I have a couple that I bought off the shelf but would love to see yours, and maybe order some thru you if thats a possibilty?  My email address is

Thanks

Fee

Past Member
Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:13 am
vanessa1970 wrote:

Thank you Bill. I appreciate the encouragement. Though I'm starting to suspect that I don't belong on this site. 

Vanessa if I may chime in and be nosy Smile  Hang in there and stick around. I've thought the same  about myself, thinking I may not belong in most places but for me, I was right tongue-out.

You do belong on this site. As does everyone here looking for that which they seek. Hope i was not to nosy.

Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:03 pm

Hi Vanessa, sorry to hear you think you don't belong here, I find your attitude refreshing.  We should all be more like you.  I'm just sorry your photos are not for us guys!

I hope you do stay and post more of your comments.

Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:00 pm

Thanks to all for the kind responses. I really hope some of the ladies see this post and take my advice. The corsets really have changed my love life for the better. There are an infinite number of variations and they really do completely hide everything. And my guess is that they are pretty easy to make for a local seamstress.

And to the guys. Thanks again for all of the support. Sometimes I get the blues.  Not too often though!

Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:46 pm

Also I replied to some of the posts here via email but alas there were issues so please accept my apologies. If I can find the time I'll resend.

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:40 pm

Not exactly custom lingerie, but as we're not all allowed to see yours Vanessa, I thought I'd post this pic that was in the papers recently.

Diana Vickers.  Could be OK for ladies who want to cover up with something trendy?

Often thought about something I could wear, but we don't get much 'lingerie' for men.  Even the gay sites on ebay don't have anything suitable, except maybe a one-piece leotard, with a high leg crotch that could be moved aside maybe?

Or stick to a tight-fitting vest over a support belt?    Or just the support belt?

At least ladies can find or make something sexy that will cover everything.

Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:29 pm

LOL! Thank God I'm not a man! But if I were I would definitely love a one piece leotard! Love the bikini pic. My swimsuits are actually a lot lower on my abdomen than the one shown. I'm actually more concerned with my thighs at my age.

Sorry for the late response. I usually surf from my ipad and for some reason I cannot post to the forum from my mobile devices. The post box likes to hide.

Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:19 am

Hi Vanessa, I actually sent off for a bright blue man's leotard from a Chinese site on ebay.

Quite impressed, arrived in just a few days, very stretchy and comfortable.

You can still see the outline of the bag, but at least it's covered.

Bit smoother with elasticated support belt over the bag, but it's so clingy you can still see that, if you are looking.

Very easy to pull bottom bit to one side too . . . . .

Just need to try it out.

We have to try these things.

Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:19 am

Hi Vanessa, I actually sent off for a bright blue man's leotard from a Chinese site on ebay.

Quite impressed, arrived in just a few days, very stretchy and comfortable.

You can still see the outline of the bag, but at least it's covered.

Bit smoother with elasticated support belt over the bag, but it's so clingy you can still see that, if you are looking.

Very easy to pull bottom bit to one side too . . . . .

Just need to try it out.

We have to try these things.

Go to page: 1, 2  Next
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.