Emigrating to Adelaide, Australia

Replies
Views
Miss Scarlet

Hi

I live in the UK. But in April, I am going to Adelaide on a 6-month visitor visa, then applying for a permanent visa when I am living there and I turn 65 in October. My question is: I get all my colostomy and urostomy supplies free at the moment. What happens in Adelaide? Is it a yearly cost or does that only apply to Australian citizens? Really worried about this.

Maureen

veejay

You should contact the Ostomy Assoc. of S.A. directly, Maureen. Just Google. I'm sure they will answer your concerns.

You have picked a beautiful Australian city to visit. The City of Churches as it is known, is very pretty.

So welcome to our Great Southern Land.

Poms have been coming here for centuries. Another one hurt.

VJ.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,315 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

AusRob

Good afternoon to you....My name is Robert Saunders. I am the Secretary for Ostomy Assoc. Melbourne. We are just one of 22 Associations in Australia looking after some 42,000 members. The system here in Australia for members is that they pay $55.00 per year for their supplies as determined by their Stoma Therapy Nurse. (In our Melbourne Assoc. we have a membership list of 6,000) The other day I received some mail from Ruth Horne who I met at our National Conference in Adelaide in October. She is the Secretary for Ostomy Assoc. of South Australia... E-mail is ;

Ewesful

I am happy for your new adventure -- I just totally love the area and most of AU -- so much to do and see!