Visiting England Over Christmas

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Ewesful

I am wondering if any of you have suggestions on special places in the Oxfordshire area. My grandchildren's Christmas wish was to have Grammy visit so I am going to try to see the area of Woodcote. I have had wonderful times in London, Lowestoft, and Keyworth in years past. Traveling is definitely different for me now, but I intend to do/see all I can!!

Wishing all of you a wonderful, blessed Christmas.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,090 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bill

Hello Ewesful.  It's difficult to know where to start with suggestions for the Oxford area as there are so many fantastic oportunities for tourists.  I would recommend contacting the tourist information centre for Oxford and they will point you in the right direction. They can be accessed online so you could think about what you want to see before your trip begins.  Everybody's tastes and interests are different with regard to what they would like to see and my own preference is not so much the historical and modern sights but the people. Thus, on every trip to Oxford I have really only been to meet people and I have not taken a lot of notice of those things that others tend to find more interesting. However, in the unlikely event that you find that have some spare time to occupy and fancy a trip a bit further afield you would always be welcome to come and visit us in Hitchin. We have a spare room you can use and the facilities for stoma management have been designed by an 'expert'. I hope you have a wonderful trip and I'm sure your grandchildren will appreciate you making the effort to visit them.

Best wishes Bill.  

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Ewesful

Thank you for your gracious reply -- I am not sure what the kids have planned but I am eager to see as much as possible. I will take my notebook and be able to email so if I get a chance I would be glad to meet up -- have met many wonderful people due to the ostomy connection!!

Bill

Hello Ewesful. The administrators don't allow contact details on these posts so I will see if I can send you a personal message with some details on.

Best wishes

Bill