Constant watery output, low energy, body aches, shortness of breath, no appetite - what's wrong?

Replies
Views
danieldore

Hello everyone.

I am having very watery output constantly and I have 0 energy...if I walk 10 yards my whole body aches and I am short of breath...my appetite is non-existent and I'm tired all the time...

Anyone know what this may be?

Thanks

xnine

Are you new to the ostomy? It takes a while to heal, a year or more. I was taking vitamin B and D, it helped a little.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,460 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

danieldore

I have had it since November and my output was great. I was living a normal life again until about 3 days ago.

ChrisP

Hmm, sounds like curry overdose..... LOL (Sorry, just had to...

Seriously though - could it be some kind of blockage? That's why I can't eat rice too often.

Good advice, that you are still fairly new to all this and healing takes a while, but if things haven't returned to 'normal' by tomorrow I'd think about seeing a doctor. It could just be a 'bug', but worth checking.

Ozzwood

Hi Daniel. I'm with the others. Might just

be a bug, but to be on the safe side, I'd seek medical assistance tomorrow if not better.

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Bill

Hello Danieldore. I'm with the others in rcommending that you get these symptoms checked out. They could be symptomatic of so many things that I would hesitate to share my own experiences here. I ignored my similar symptoms for years until I went into hospital and they found that it was as simple as having very low blood pressure. But they were insistant that I should have had it checked out sooner. One of the great things about knowing what causes symptoms is that once you know, it lifts all the other doubts you might have had while trying to figure it out for yourself.

I hope this bit of waffle helpsĀ 

Best wishes

Bill.

Sierra

I'm very interested in anyone who has had a stoma prolapse with an abdominal hernia. I am in that situation and will be having surgery to repair the hernia, but the stoma site needs to be moved to the left. I'm scared to death as I have had multiple abdominal surgeries and now another one! It is the fact that I know the whole routine so well. I had a reversal done in June of 2015 with two subsequent bowel obstructions and a surgery in August as the bowel was twisted as well as the stoma and many adhesions. I started feeling better in October and in November noticed the hernia and prolapse. I'm having a tough time mentally, emotionally, and physically with this. I've had several surgeries prior to this, and the abdominal wall is weak. I do abdominal exercises to try and strengthen the abdominal wall.

Sierra

It sounds like dehydration. I had to start drinking Pedialyte AdvancedCare oral electrolyte. It's by Abbott. It also replaces zinc and also has a preActiv prebiotics. I drink the cherry punch flavor. It is excellent. It helped me tremendously. I drink it on a regular basis. I am especially challenged as I don't have a colon. You should really try this. Also, Quest fiber bars are excellent. They have anywhere from 18 to 20 grams of fiber and are sweetened with Xylitol, which is very sweet. You probably have to watch your sugars as I do, but they work great. You can eat a couple bites, and it definitely thickens your output. If you have to watch your fiber intake, take just a few bites throughout the day.

Sierra

You can order it online by the case. I buy mine at Discount Drug Mart. Check the drug stores in your area. You can visit the Abbott website as well. Only get the Advanced Care.

JudiA

I agree about dehydration - I have been in the hospital several times with kidney failure due to that very cause. I also believe in magnesium for muscle cramps and weakness. Drink some tonic water as part of your hydration. If you use Gatorade, dilute it by half with water.

Mine has gotten so bad that sometimes I resort to tincture of opium - by prescription - it has kept me out of the hospital for a year since my last episode.

walderpeee

I also suffer from dehydration sometimes. I had a liver transplant in 2008 and have to take anti-rejection meds for the rest of my life. The one I was started with damaged my kidneys. Then I had to get a colostomy due to anus cancer in 2012. I drink a lot of water daily, but my kidney doctor has me drink Gatorade daily also. I got some of the Pedialyte drink. I need to know how much to drink daily. Any advice???