Stomach Muscle

Replies
Views
pete b

Hi all you lovely people.........

I had an ileostomy in August 2014, which had to be done again two weeks later. It has left me with my stomach muscle in two halves. It's not good as they have moved apart and left a 30/35mm section of skin between the two halves of muscle, this section of skin is very thin and becomes very sore as it seems to keep stretching...you can also see my intestines moving under the skin.

Has anyone else suffered this and if so what was done to rectify it, if anything?

Thanks in advance

Pete

Newbie Dana

I hate to say it, but this sounds like a question for the doctor (surgeon). While I don't think the skin itself would tear, the two halves of the muscle are getting farther apart and useless. He may have some suggestions for you, including possibly wearing a support belt to keep the skin from stretching any farther. I don't know if there is a second layer of muscle underneath that may be strengthened with some exercises. He may even suggest surgery to reattach the muscle halves. I would talk to him as soon as possible.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,361 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

pete b

Thanks Dana........It seems I may be the only person with this as no one else has replied.