Photos

Replies
Views
gutenberg
would some kind hearted soul help in my quest to post a picture in a post. a step by step idiot proof instruction that I could print out would really, really, be appreciated. Thanks Ed.
Past Member
Well, Ed. It's not too hard if you use a "photo hosting" service such as www.photobucket.com.
There are others but most function in a similar fashion. You must sign up for an account with them but at last look it was free.

1. Save the photo you wish to post to your computer, a common place is the "My Photos" folder.

2. Log in to your "Photobucket" account and "upload" the photo there.

3. Click on the photo on Photobucket. There is a little box that says "generate HTML code", select that.

4. Now comes the tricky part... the "code" will be a string of letters/numbers that have no meaning to you and do NOT look like a photo!! There are a few options... but select the "images for message boards".

5. When you click over the code, it will turn {blue, I think}. Now put your mouse over the blue "code" and right-click... a menu appears... select "copy".

6. Now the image code is "trapped" {don't know how} in your mouse.

7. Exit Photobucket, log on to Ostomate, put your written part of the post in as normal. Space over a bit... the little cursor {blinky thing} is clear of your written words... so right-click your mouse... click "paste"... this opens the "trap" and puts the "code" {it will not look like a photo} on the page.

8. Now don't alter the code by backspacing or anything... click "submit" at the bottom as in a normal post...

The photo "should" show up when you view the post... if not... a few select cuss words... and try again!!! Lol... if you have trouble with any step just holler back at me. Regards, G.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,358 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

lottagelady
Blimey - I've just learned how to do it and it wasn't as complicated as that?

I upload the photos onto www.photobucket.com as G says, then all I do is click onto the photo I want in the album once uploaded, once that single photo is showing on its own on the page I right click, select 'copy', then go back to this site, put the cursor where I want the photo and paste it onto my post by pressing 'Control' and 'V' ...... does that make sense? R x
gutenberg
MMSH: many thanks my friend, I appreciate the time you took on my request. First things first, got to copy and print, with my memory its really necessary. A few years back I was able to do this in e-mails, no more though. Again thanks. Ed
gutenberg
I guess I'd better look up this photo bucket thingy so I can understand what I should be doing. Thanks again. Ed

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
administrator
Hey Ed,

Admin is jumping here. There is an easier way, right here from the forum. When you make a post in the forum (where you type your post), you need to click on the 'paper clip' button, the 5th button on the lower row. This will allow you to upload a picture to your post. Please make sure the picture is not bigger than 800 width X 1067 height pixels.

Hope this helps.
gutenberg
THANKS ALL for your input, I went to photobucket thingy and got lost, but I'm now a member. Anyway I started checking properties on a couple of the pictures and they exceed the max in one way or another. also made use of my printer, with a memory like mine, oh yeah. Ed
lottagelady
Hi Ed, I've just tried that one from Admin, and it is very easy!

Do you know who holds the highest position in the world?

President Barack Obama? Nope.
Pope Benedict? Nope.
The Dalai Lama? Nope.

Do you want to see WHO that person is?

Until now....

Babu Sassi, a fearless young man from southern India,
is the cult hero of Dubai's army of construction workers.

Known as the "Indian on the top of the world",
Babu is the crane operator at the world's tallest building, the 819-meter Burj Dubai.

His office, the cramped crane cab perched on top of the Burj, is also his home.
It takes too long to come down to the ground each day to make it worthwhile -
although, when the building is completed, its elevators will be the world's fastest.

Stories about his daily dalliance with death are discussed in revered terms by Dubai's workers.
Some say he has been up there for more than a year,
others whisper that he's paid 30,000 dirhams ($8,168) a month
compared with the average wage of 800 dirhams a month.

But everyone agrees, he's worth it -
because nobody else would have the courage to do the job!
Past Member

Oh sure....you could do it the easy way...where's the sport in that??..............lol
Thanks admin...sorry Ed, I led you on a chase.... I learned something today!!!........
gutenberg
MMSH: I'm glad you learned something, I'm still stuck when that window drops down, I've clicked on the Pix and get a message; Pleas upload file with extension gif, jpg or png and the pix I clicked on is a jpg, I'll have to get a tutor in. Oh, the shame of it all
gutenberg
Hey there Lottagelady, that was some picture, reminds me of a documentary I watched on the building of the Three Gorges Dam and they were shooting the crane when the operator showed up, blew me away, this tiny Chinese lady started her climb up that sucker. I can only imagine the pressure having to drop tons of cement around the heads of those workers and they had complete faith in her. Mother of Buddha don't miss.
Past Member
Well, I'll be danged....works for me .... Notice the surprised look on my face!!! Are you trying to post a photo from your camera..or one from the web?? I resize my photos with the "program" that came with the camera. Did you try that???
gutenberg
MMSH: Most of the pictures I've tried to upload came from my camera. My daughter posted the pictures for my profile without too much trouble but a few days ago she tried and got the same results as I am getting. A lot of my pixs only have a date on them. Ikeep getting this message, Please upload your file with image extension gif jpeg etc.
Is it necessary to get a picture by using browse as I already have My Pictures open?

Is that really you MMSH?
gutenberg
at least we
are getting
somewhere!
gutenberg
Past Member

Ed, well I see you got it working... What was wrong? (In case I ever get that message). And yep, that's me... Peace all.

gutenberg
Well my MMSH, when the box dropped down and I opened my pictures to the one I wanted, I just clicked on the picture and went back to the drop down box, nada. But, when I clicked on the pix and it showed the pix name or number on the information slot below I clicked open and on the original drop down there was the info I had clicked on, just hit open, JACKPOT.
Goodnight for now, Ed
lottagelady

Well, if that's you, you'd better just get on a plane and rescue me now, please! x x x x
gutenberg
OK, so I think I have that one figured out. Now, if I wanted to drop a picture in a reply in my mail box any takers. Ed
gutenberg
Never, ever, piss off a girlfriend with a backhoe.
gutenberg
Well if that's you, you'd better just get on a plane and rescue me now please! x x x x  

Well Rachel, Shows you got good taste. Ed
lottagelady

I've got photo-posting off to a fine art now!

Watch out for this one on your travels.....

gutenberg
Just like in Poker, a Royal Flush beats a Full House anytime.
gutenberg
SOME CAT!! TRUCK