I responded to a person on the Ileostomy forum

Replies
Views
Elyana

And was told that I needed to be a paying member to contact them?

Please explain how I can contact people who have the same condition that I have?

I'm an older person, and just want to connect with people who are dealing with the same problems I'm having.

To give each other support and information.

Thank you,

Elyana

iMacG5

Hi Elyana.  If you use this forum to describe your condition and what kind of help you're looking for, folks who can satisfy those things will reply. You'll probably "meet" some here with identical conditions and looking forward to sharing their experiences with you.  If you find someone you want to communicate with privately you'll figure out a way.  Fuill membership isn't that expensive and probably well worth the investment.

Wish you the very best.

Mike

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,358 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Mrs.A

Hi Elayna,

There are several ways you can contact folks if you don't have a membership. You could click on their name and go to their profile and send them a wink to let them know you are interested in talking to them. You could also reply directly to them in a "thread or post" like we are doing here. Then of course you could start a new post about contacting someone. There is also the chatroom, but that is a hit or miss unless you make a post about when you will be available to chat so others can be there as well.

I agree with iMacG5 (Mike) it is worth the membership if you visit often!