Travel Tip: Baby oil for easy bathroom trips

Replies
Views
Penguins7

Hello, I wanted to share a travel tip when I fly or just go out and about. I purchase the 3 oz. travel size baby oil from Walmart and use it as lubricant for my pouch. I pre-roll the toilet paper sheets so they are ready to use and carry all this in a small zip lock bag. Most places have very thin toilet paper and the rolls are hard to unwind sometimes. This works great for the airplane or restaurants and speeds up the bathroom process. Penguins7

sooziq

Are you using baby oil at the end of the pouch? To clean the area off? Good idea though. Yes, toilet paper is so very narrow and thin now in public restrooms! It takes forever to clean the end of the pouch!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,435 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Ngaire

Hello.

Good idea.

The only thing I found was that Baby Oil was breaking down the end of the pouch (where you empty) so I switched to Olive Oil. And this seems to work great. Has anyone else found that Baby Oil does this? I should say, I was actually putting a few drops of Baby Oil in the pouch itself.

Cheers to all from New Zealand. Ngaire.

Penguins7

I use baby oil in the pouch and have found no indication that it erodes the end of the pouch. Things slide out a lot easier with the baby oil. It is less expensive than the odor lubricant.

Penguins7

You can buy the small 3 oz bottles of baby oil that you can take on an airplane. It is very inexpensive compared to deodorant/lubricants they sell. Stay well!

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister